Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RSUCKS
Level 7

Subscription cancellation issue

I have been ripped off twice with subscriptions that I have changed or cancelled through my Roku device.  The Roku device doesn't to communicate with whatever platform controls payments and i have been double charged.  when I cancelled a subscription through my Roku device it didn't work. On top of that my device has all kinds of connection problems.  Not so thrilled about Roku.  I will NOT recommend.  Customer service is a JOKE.  They need to understand English to be able to understand the conversation and that is always a big issue.  I will be looking for a way not to use this product anymore

0 Kudos
7 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: My Roku Device stinks.

In most cases Roku doesn't handle billing for individual channels. You didn't state what model Roku you have, what software version (just saying current version isn't enough), nor what channel you are being double-charged. I'm not saying there isn't one, but I've never seen a channel that handles payment/cancellation directly through the channel. They always direct you to a web site. Simply deleting a channel from your Roku doesn't cancel a subscription.

Again, if you could offer some particulars, perhaps someone here can assist. Tomorrow during business hours there will be Roku forum moderators online, and they can try to assist. But they'll need the same info I just mentioned. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
RSUCKS
Level 7

I already went over the billing stuff twice with your **bleep**ty customer service. Go look it up! The first thing your roku said its easier manage your subscriptions. I followed the directions to cancel CBS and it said it worked, but it didn't. As far as what I use who cares which device I use I bought it 2 months ago and it's a peice of **bleep**. I've followed all your directions it's all current.
0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 10

Youve made 2 posts and have been unspecific and have had nothing but attitude.

Obviously Roku works fine for us for the most part.

I dont know what you want from us except to vent.

Perhaps there is actually a deficiency in your genetic makeup.

If you want us to help then calm down and be specific in your questioning.

For one thing I would only deal with a Premium (paid) Channel on the Web or via phone.

Chill out dood.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 14

We are just customers as you are, the forums are not manned by monitors on the week-ends.

So you are being charged by cbs directly and at the same time though roku ch, that is your fault, you should have made sure it was canceled before starting a new subscription.

Roku Employee
Roku Employee

[post moved to appropriate board and title changed to denote topic issue]

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing, we will do our best to try and figure out what's going on.

Please feel free to send me a private message me and provide me with your device serial number and your Roku account email address, as well as any specific details of your cancellation(s). Once I have this information, I will pass it along to our Support team who will be able to follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Boz
Level 10

Extremely vague information and a rotten attitude make it seem like RSUCKS really doesn't want any help.

0 Kudos

Re: Subscription cancellation issue

I think this person just wanted to vent, but for real (I learned this the hard way) if you want to cancel a subscription (for me, it was Hulu last year) you must do it through the service itself, not just through Roku. I didn't find this out until after I was billed for what I thought was a canceled subscription. I thought that was BS. I called both Roku and Hulu customer support to sort it out and eventually got an explanation and a refund. Customer service for both were attentive and seemed to want to solve the issue. Roku sent follow up emails, which I appreciated. It was a headache though.

Hey Roku, put it in your disclaimers that people will continue to be billed by Netflix, Hulu, etc. if they cancel only through you and not with those services.

0 Kudos