Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Level 21

Re: Subscription I pay for tells me I don’t have a subscription

Jump to solution

Like many channels that provide programming from a variety of sources, The Roku Channel contains two types of programming.

1. Programs that Roku acquired the rights to and Roku provides directly on their own The Roku Channel.  These will be available anywhere you can view The Roku Channel (on a Roku device, via the Roku app on a mobile device, via web browser, or on some other streaming device that has The Roku Channel available). 
  2. Other channels that you can subscribe to through the service you are viewing (through The Roku Channel in this case).  These are subscriptions with Roku, not the additional service, and can only be viewed on an actual Roku device, typically via The Roku Channel.

If you want to be able to view the subscription channel on platforms other than a Roku device, subscribe to the channel directly via its website.  You'll then be able to view it on any platform supported by the channel.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Schotzy
Level 8

Re: Subscription I pay for tells me I don’t have a subscription

Jump to solution

I clearly have been unable to explain so that anyone can understand that I AM TRYING TO VIEW ACORN ON ROKU, not on a separate application. A channel that I subscribed to ON ROKU and can't view ON ROKU. I keep getting answers regarding watching Acorn on a separate app. This is not the case. I canceled the subscription on Roku and NOW I will just sign up directly through the Acorn app since Roku has made it unmanageable. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos