Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Subscription I pay for tells me I don’t have a subscription

Jump to solution

Like many channels that provide programming from a variety of sources, The Roku Channel contains two types of programming.

1. Programs that Roku acquired the rights to and Roku provides directly on their own The Roku Channel.  These will be available anywhere you can view The Roku Channel (on a Roku device, via the Roku app on a mobile device, via web browser, or on some other streaming device that has The Roku Channel available). 
  2. Other channels that you can subscribe to through the service you are viewing (through The Roku Channel in this case).  These are subscriptions with Roku, not the additional service, and can only be viewed on an actual Roku device, typically via The Roku Channel.

If you want to be able to view the subscription channel on platforms other than a Roku device, subscribe to the channel directly via its website.  You'll then be able to view it on any platform supported by the channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Schotzy
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I clearly have been unable to explain so that anyone can understand that I AM TRYING TO VIEW ACORN ON ROKU, not on a separate application. A channel that I subscribed to ON ROKU and can't view ON ROKU. I keep getting answers regarding watching Acorn on a separate app. This is not the case. I canceled the subscription on Roku and NOW I will just sign up directly through the Acorn app since Roku has made it unmanageable. 

lucymcgee1

Jump to solution

I have the exact same problem. I was watching one Roku tv when I signed up, but we have 3 roku tvs and I can't access the channel on the other two!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @lucymcgee1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide more information about the issue? Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on? If you see something different, can you please let us know what you are seeing? Are you trying to access the channel through The Roku Channel or a standalone channel?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dfoord
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem— my fully paid subscription to Britbox THROUGH ROKU is not recognized. Britbox asks me to sign in but I can’t sign in to Britbox because my subscription is through ROKU

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Dfoord, generally subscriptions through Roku can only be used on Roku devices and often only through "The Roku Channel" (depending on how you first subscribed). Sometimes, you can go to the provider's website and try to sign in using the email address associated with your Roku account (visible by navigating to Settings->System->About on your Roku device) and using the provider's "forgot password" option.  If it works, you will now have an email address and password you can use anywhere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Dfoord
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is not helpful-- I have been watching Britbox through Roku for several years. Suddenly, my subscription to Britbox is not recognized when I try to access through Roku. I contacted Britbox directly, and they informed me that since I subscribed to Britbox through Roku, I can ONLY access the subscription through ROKU. 

I cannot understand what suddenly changed such that I cannot access Britbox. Can you provide an answer to this question: Why can I suddenly not access Britbox just as I have been for several years? 

0 Kudos