Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Subscribe to Tennis Channel

Jump to solution

Roku is a device. Not a TV provider. To watch the tennis live channel you need a tv provider first. If you don’t have cable tv then you can subscribe to a live tv streaming service such as FuboTV DirecTV Stream or Sling 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@nola2022 

As mentioned, Roku is a streaming platform, not a content provider. A content provider would be cable, satellite, or live streaming service.

Three live streaming services carry The Tennis Channel:

• Sling TV (Blue) with Sports Extra ($35 + $11 = $46/month)
  • Fubo TV ($70/month)
  • DirecTV Stream ($70/month)

And, as you've discovered, Tennis Channel offers a standalone service (Tennis Channel Plus), but it's an annual service, not month to month. If the other channels in one of those packages are worth it to you, then that's an option. If, however, you don't see those packages as worth it, then Tennis Channel Plus is the most cost effective.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am a Tennis Channel Plus subscriber.  Every time I try to sign in I get another activation code!  Please help 

me to be able to enjoy what I paid for!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Tagging @RokuDanny-R @RokuMary-F @RokuKariza-D 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Riceville61

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos