Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Tried to watch adultswim...went to the website as directed put in access code but it asked for a service provider???? All i have is the roku stick and no 🛰 nor cable. What am i to do in order to get past this and start watching ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Stuck

Jump to solution

When you have a paid subscription to a cable/satellite/whatever system that carries the channel, part of your subscription fee goes to the channel.  Most cable channels that provide Roku streaming options require that you are paying for the channel through a paid provider account.

From the FAQ on Adult Swim's website:

What if I don't have a TV Service Provider

Access to this service is only available to customers of participating TV Service Providers who also subscribe to adult swim.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Many channels require a tv/cable provider.  There's nothing you can do about it if they don't offer a paid/subscription version.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

When you have a paid subscription to a cable/satellite/whatever system that carries the channel, part of your subscription fee goes to the channel.  Most cable channels that provide Roku streaming options require that you are paying for the channel through a paid provider account.

From the FAQ on Adult Swim's website:

What if I don't have a TV Service Provider

Access to this service is only available to customers of participating TV Service Providers who also subscribe to adult swim.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)

View solution in original post