Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cbar
Level 7

Stuck on HBO Max

I have a Roku tv and suddenly, when I try to view my Satellite tv (Direct), the ,"meet HBO Max" screen is all I see!  I can't do anything, I can't continue to meet HBO Max or view my satellite tv.  I'm stuck!  Is anybody else have this problem?  It's maddening!  HELP!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Strega
Level 15

Re: Stuck on HBO Max

That seems odd since as far as I know, neither Roku nor DirecTV have HBO max.

Just grasping at straws here, but is it possible that you have selected the wrong input on your TV, such that this message is coming from some OTHER media device?

0 Kudos
Cbar
Level 7

I haven’t touched a thing. Have always had only 1 input, my Directv box in HDMI 1. Is that what you mean?

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

OK, so it sounds like you are switching to HDMI 1 and you see this "meet HBO max" thing.  Can you tell if the TV actually switched inputs?  (I don’t know your TVs UI – in my case I switch inputs with my AVR so I can just look at it to confirm which input it is on.)  So, if it looks like it switched, then you should be able to do something with your DirecTV remote.  If not, I guess the next thing I would do would be to pull the HDMI cable out just to make SURE that the screen goes black – ie this makes SURE this "meet HBO max" thing is on your sat box.  And if it is, then try resetting the sat box, or maybe check a DirecTV forum.

0 Kudos