Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Streaming stick won’t keep channels - always reloading

I have a Roku streaming stick 3800R that refuses to keep channel apps in storage. Every time I launch a channel it has to be redownloaded before it starts. These are not rarely used channels but rather the same channels I use every day. Prime Video, Spotify, Netflix, Sling. I can use one of them today, turn off the tv, and come back tomorrow and go right back to he same channel I just used and it has to redownload. I don’t think it’s an issue of storage because I deleted all unused channels and there are currently just 13 in my list. Surely there is enough storage space to hold those. Why do I have to wait for the same channels to redownload every day???

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Streaming stick won’t keep channels - always reloading

@abravo56 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your device and linking the device back to your Roku account.

Does this resolve the issue that you are experiencing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Nope, didn’t help. I did the reset and relink, then downloaded and logged into 6 channels. As soon as I finished the sixth, I went back to the first channel and it immediately had to be loaded again. This stick literally can’t keep six channels in storage at a time. I mean everything else works, and it doesn’t usually take long to load, but it’s just a little annoyance that didn’t use to happen until recently. It never happened on my old 3600 either. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

This started happening for me as well. Not sure If our device just went through a software update, but I noticed the loading screen is now white instead of purple. Roku app so I use on a daily basis are now re-loading ever time I open.

0 Kudos