Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Streaming stick won’t keep channels - always reloading

I have a Roku streaming stick 3800R that refuses to keep channel apps in storage. Every time I launch a channel it has to be redownloaded before it starts. These are not rarely used channels but rather the same channels I use every day. Prime Video, Spotify, Netflix, Sling. I can use one of them today, turn off the tv, and come back tomorrow and go right back to he same channel I just used and it has to redownload. I don’t think it’s an issue of storage because I deleted all unused channels and there are currently just 13 in my list. Surely there is enough storage space to hold those. Why do I have to wait for the same channels to redownload every day???

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Level 18

Re: Streaming stick won’t keep channels - always reloading

Are you downloading them yourself and reinstalling the Channels?

Or do they just take a long time to load after you choose the Channel?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Level 7

Loading messageIt’s that every day or two when I launch a channel I use all the time, it has to be downloaded again as if the streaming stick has no memory to store the app, which is crazy because I manually removed all the apps I never use, so it really should be able to store the few I do.

2780D527-FE41-4E1C-BDDA-AD05CE41D2C1.jpeg

0 Kudos
Level 18

Oh ok I can see what youre problem is now.

I dont believe the 3800r has a MicroSD slot or capability

which might have helped. I have an Ultra and dont experience this problem

with Prime. I dont know how long it takes to load for you exactly

but the speed of your Internet connection I think is your issue.

You can try logging into a 5G connection if its available.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos

Good god my streaming stick does this every freaking day I’m so sick of it! 

Level 7

Yep, same problem with my plus.  I removed all the apps that I don't use too, and still same problem.  Should not be this way with just 10 apps.  Bad memory management  on the plus.  Engineers that designed the way it manages memory should be let go. 

Level 7

So there is no fix to this problem??  Both of mine do it, even with 5G, it seems it is a recent problem, like Ruku changed something...

0 Kudos