Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Streaming stick won’t keep channels - always reloading

I have a Roku streaming stick 3800R that refuses to keep channel apps in storage. Every time I launch a channel it has to be redownloaded before it starts. These are not rarely used channels but rather the same channels I use every day. Prime Video, Spotify, Netflix, Sling. I can use one of them today, turn off the tv, and come back tomorrow and go right back to he same channel I just used and it has to redownload. I don’t think it’s an issue of storage because I deleted all unused channels and there are currently just 13 in my list. Surely there is enough storage space to hold those. Why do I have to wait for the same channels to redownload every day???

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Streaming stick won’t keep channels - always reloading

Are you downloading them yourself and reinstalling the Channels?

Or do they just take a long time to load after you choose the Channel?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Loading messageIt’s that every day or two when I launch a channel I use all the time, it has to be downloaded again as if the streaming stick has no memory to store the app, which is crazy because I manually removed all the apps I never use, so it really should be able to store the few I do.

2780D527-FE41-4E1C-BDDA-AD05CE41D2C1.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Oh ok I can see what youre problem is now.

I dont believe the 3800r has a MicroSD slot or capability

which might have helped. I have an Ultra and dont experience this problem

with Prime. I dont know how long it takes to load for you exactly

but the speed of your Internet connection I think is your issue.

You can try logging into a 5G connection if its available.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos