Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kitch9
Level 7

Streaming stick plus no Amazon HDR.

Hi all,

I have a streaming stick plus on a Sony A1 TV and hdr currently works fine in Netflix, YouTube etc.

HDR does not seem to be activating in the (terrible) Amazon app should this be the case? The channel looks to have updated yesterday as well so it's up to date.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Streaming stick plus no Amazon HDR.

Amazon had an issue with HDR on all Roku players for a while, but I believe it was fixed a day or two ago. You might try a manual update to see if you can get the latest version of th channel. I noticed that the icon no longer says Amazon. It just says Prime Video. So if your icon says Amazon, you don't have the update. ( I hope I'm not just thinking of the recent update on iOS devices. I thought the Roku did the same, but now I can't remember...) 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Kitch9
Level 7

I've got the latest version released 6th of Feb and HDR is not activating for some reason in The Grand Tour or anything else. My TV at the moment only supports hdr10 until an update is released could that be the problem?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Almost all HDR sets only support HDR10 and/or Dolby Vision at this time. I haven't tried any Amazon HDR content since they issued the fix, so can't say for sure what the status is. 

I just tried season 2, episode 2 of The Grand Tour on my Sharp Roku TV and it triggered HDR. This TV does not support HDR+ to my knowledge, but since it runs a Roku OS I'm not certain if that changes things. I'll try to test it with my Ultra on my Samsung TV later today.
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Just tried my Ultra on my Samsung JU7100. Same show and episode, HDR was correctly triggered. My Stick is the older one that only does 1080, so I can't verify it with that one.
Dan
0 Kudos