Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming issue Roku channel

Jump to solution

Having streaming issue on Roku channel.Rca Roku TV.Other shows on Roku channel play but trying to watch American Sniper and it goes back to home screen 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming issue Roku channel

Jump to solution

Reportedly, issue should now be fixed. (https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/The-Roku-Channel-crashing-to-Roku-Home-screen...)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Sjwick

Re: Can't play FREE content from the Roku channel

Jump to solution

Yeah this is a problem I finally take a day off to watch some TV and this happens. I was watching castaway and goosebumps and city Slickers and other stuff that is good but won’t play I find it hard to believe that Roku doesn’t understand the technicalities involving something like this that we are all at your mercy to troubleshoot etc. and we’ve all done everything but you guys just have no idea what is going on you’re a TV giant figure it out!!

0 Kudos
Sjwick

Jump to solution

This really is bs- guess no one will be watching roku channel- I’m sure that’s really awesome for your statistics- I was literally in the middle of watching cast away- then it started doing this- every time you hit the play button it takes you back to the main Home Screen!! What a bunch

0 Kudos
RowKuhGuy

Jump to solution

Same issue with my Roku streambar. I discovered it when I went back to finish a movie. It loaded the movie but went back to the home screen after a second or two. Just to see, I checked around and some movies would play but most wouldn't. Other apps are fine. Removing Roku channel, resetting, and adding Roku channel again did not correct the problem for me.

0 Kudos
rangus4

Jump to solution

Same problem.  Movies won't play from saved list; goes back to home screen and won't load movie.  Have tried all the options; restart Roku, check connection, restart, etc.  Other Roku selections work fine, as well as Netflix and Prime.  Problem is with Roku and not local.

0 Kudos
MBirish

Jump to solution

that did not work in upper right corner it shows options to add to watch list is there a watch list menu

0 Kudos
Volkl

Can anyone play 'Death On The Nile,' 1978 version from the roku channel from a roku device?

Jump to solution

It plays from a browser logged into the roku channel webiste, however it crashes for me every time when selected, from either search or the browsing from the Movie category, crashes immediately.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I need help me please

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Reportedly, issue should now be fixed. (https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/The-Roku-Channel-crashing-to-Roku-Home-screen...)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As @AvsGunnar mentioned, this issue should now be resolved. We would recommend checking to see if you are still experiencing an issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos