Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerryb150
Level 7

Streaming college football on 2 TVs

Can I sync 2 Roku players so that when I watch the same college football game on 2 TVs (kitchen and living room) there is no delay between them? Watch games using ESPN app. 
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Streaming college football on 2 TVs

No, not sync them. That's not how any streaming source works.

You can watch the same game on two different Roku devices, but there's no guarantee that one or the other won't buffer and begin at slightly different points in time.

Also, there may be an issue with the number of streams. If you're using Sling TV Orange, you only get one stream, so if that's what you're authenticating against, you can't stream two devices at once. Other content providers may have different limits on the number of concurrent streams.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Miami_Son
Level 7

Re: Streaming college football on 2 TVs

I have PlayStation Vue and 5 Roku devices. I can stream to all 5 simultaneously, but have never gotten 2 devices to stream the same channel in sync. Not once.
0 Kudos