Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Streaming Stick + in the UK. None of the UK catch-up services are available e.g. BBC iPlayer.

I have just bought a Streaming Stick + for use in the UK (I'm a Brit). However, none of the UK catch-up services are available (shown on screen) e.g. BBC iPlayer, itv Hub, My5 etc. But they are shown on the packaging as being available and in the advertising. When I switch to my laptop US apps can be downloaded/activated, but the site is registered in the USA. When I try to change my location to the UK it won't change - although it is clearly designed to switch if 'requested'. How can I get these UK services? And please note, in the UK I don't need a VPN. I am legally entitled to watch them.

Note that I am doing this so that I can upgrade an older TV (1080p definition). YouTube downloaded just fine, although its help service was all about US customers using a VPN to access iPlayer.

If you can help I would be really grateful. To date it has cost me a good few hours ... to no avail.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Level 21

Re: Streaming Stick + in the UK. None of the UK catch-up services are available e.g. BBC iPlayer.

If you created your Roku account physically or virtually anywhere other than the UK you won't be able to get any of the UK channels.  Your account must be created in the UK and you must be physically located in the UK.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Streaming Stick + in the UK. None of the UK catch-up services are available e.g. BBC iPlayer.

It was all done in the UK. I am a UK citizen living in the UK. 

0 Kudos
Level 21

Check you location at https://www.iplocation.net/ to make sure there is nothing strange going on.

The only other thing I can suggest is to start over with a factory reset and maybe even create a new Roku account with a different email address and link to that.

0 Kudos