Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Streaming Stick+ crashes when starting YouTube TV

Jump to solution

I just purchased a Streaming Stick+ and I'm mainly using it for YouTube TV.  It works well on one TV, but on the other the Streaming Stick+ crashes and restarts as soon as I start the YouTube TV app.  The VEVO app works fine on that TV.  I didn't test any other apps yet.  I updated the software to 9.2.0 build 4750-50 but still have the issue.  The TV that the crash occurs on is a Samsung UN46F5000AF.  The network is showing 36Mbps download speed.  Help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Streaming Stick+ crashes when starting YouTube TV

Jump to solution

Problem solved.  I upgraded the firmware on the Samsung UN46F5000AF, and now the Streaming Stick+ is no longer crashing.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Level 16

Jump to solution

Why not test other Channels???

In Home highlight Youtube press star or * and see if its updated.

You can also do an unsintall/ reinstall if need be.

I watch Youtube sometimes also and its been fine here so

crashing shouldnt be happening.

let us know......

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@boogernose wrote:

Why not test other Channels???

In Home highlight Youtube press star or * and see if its updated.

You can also do an unsintall/ reinstall if need be.

I watch Youtube sometimes also and its been fine here so

crashing shouldnt be happening.

let us know......

Thanks for the suggestions.

I made sure the YouTube TV app is up to date, and also performed a factory reset, but neither helped.

I tried additional channels and it crashes on some of them upon starting the app (e.g., YouTubeTV, Netflix), and on others upon exiting the app (e.g., the Roku getting started app).  On others it does not crash at all (e.g., Vevo).

I'm starting to think this is an incompatibility with the TV since it works fine on the other one.  It crashes on the Samsung UN46F5000AF, but works on the Samsung UN46ES6003F.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Problem solved.  I upgraded the firmware on the Samsung UN46F5000AF, and now the Streaming Stick+ is no longer crashing.

View solution in original post