Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming Sports?

Hi, I was wondering if there is any app to stream any nfl or nba game?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
twiceover
Level 10

Re: Streaming Sports?

If it is a local team to you, Hulu Live might include your local stations that would broadcast the games.  I know the NFL has dragged their feet on this, there is no NFL Streaming Service to stream games at this time.  Unsure of NBA.
0 Kudos
Elijah_Baley
Level 7

"texansfan9910" wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if there is any app to stream any nfl or nba game?

Sling, Playstation VUE, Fubo TV, Hulu + and many many others have that ability, but exactly which games are available depends on the exact service. 
There are also stand alone apps for the NBA, NHL and I think the NFL.

There are so many options that listing them all would be difficult but a little Googling will produce all the options you could want.
Two Roku Ultras, three Roku 3s and a Roku 1
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." Mark Twain
Van Roy's Law: An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 10

"Elijah_Baley" wrote:
There are also stand alone apps for the NBA, NHL and I think the NFL

DirecTV has had the exclusive right to the full NFL package for many years.  Directv does make a standalone streaming version available but ONLY for those people who are incapable of receiving a Directv satellite signal due to topography or other causes.   As contracts expire and get renegotiated in the future, all of that may change.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos