Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhurff
Level 7

Streaming From iPad

After purchasing two Roku Premiers to replace two Roku 2's my streaming devices are not detecting the Roku Premiers to view from the device onto the tv screen. 

I've used the Roku 2 devices to stream for several years. The network was set up correctly the units linked etc. 
0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Streaming From iPad

I've never been able to stream from an iOS device of any kind. Android, yes, but not Apple. There might be specific iOS apps that support it, but I've never found one. What was working in the past?
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
mhurff
Level 7

Yes. I have two Sling Boxes. When first set up in 2013 is streamed either through a iPhone or an iPod without incident. Some months ago the there was an upgrade. i couldn't view the updated app clearly on the smaller dives...font too small. I started using iPads. Problem with iPad app is that the two Roku 2's I've been using come up up Roku 1 or Roku 2...they randomly connect to either of the two TV's. On the iPhone or iPod devices the two Roku's were distinguishable because the were listed by serial # and i could ID the Roku by the serial # connected to the respective TV. 

I thought upgrading to the Premier would solve my issue. In fact, it worsened the situation. FYI: I tried streaming from an iPhone and the Roku Premier does not come up as an option. 

I've deleted the Sling Box app and reinstalled to no avail. 
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

When you uninstalled the app, did you reboot the Roku before reinstalling? If not, the uninstall was not successful and there still could be something amiss. When uninstalling any Roku channel/app, you always have to reboot it before doing anything else. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
mhurff
Level 7

I’ll give it a try. Thank you. 
0 Kudos