Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alacan62
Level 7

Streaming Channels not Launching

Good morning. I have the Roku 3500x software version 9.10 build 4111-09... Last night all my channels except for Netflix stopped working. I cannot launch of the programs and I get an upgrade message the comes up for about two seconds before it goes back to the Roku home screen. I checked for a software upgrade and it indicated I was running the latest version. This was all working Saturday.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
vnazario
Level 8

Re: Streaming Chanel's not launching

It happened to me too.  I have the stick+ with current latest firmware.  Factory reset did not fix my issue.
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps
0 Kudos
lreed
Level 7

MY Roku is not loading any channels except for Netflix, Amazon and Hulu, everything else just starts to load and then brings me back to the main screen. Very frustrated. Is this an outage, I am in Tampa.
0 Kudos

No its not fixed..
Rebooted wifi didnt work
Remove channel and add didnt work
Roku update- none available
Reset network connection didn’t work

Have I forgotten anything else that didn’t work?

Update: tried it 2 hrs later it’s working now, all roku apps are loading normally..
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the note. A few more questions to help better understand what you're seeing. 

- Which specific channels are you trying to launch when you are being kicked back to the home screen? 
- Have you tried rebooting both your device and your wireless router? 
- Have you tried removing any affected channel, restarting your device, then adding the channel back again to see if this clears up the issue? 
- Have you checked for any system updates in Settings>System>System update>Check now? 

Please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About. I'll help take a closer look and see what other recommendations we can make. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
frankenberry
Level 7

There are a lot of people that are having this problem. Please tell us how to fix this. This should never happen. We paid for the device and it should work properly. It looks to customers that the programming end of Roku does not work very well. This will encourage customers to purchase their device elsewhere with a more reliable service.

0 Kudos
Jim_King
Level 7

I can stream all hulu and sling any of free and brought through roku don't load can get live tv through roku but streaming shows don't load.

Have tried all solutions that have been put on this thread and they don't fix problem. I am in Australia can you come up with fix - Have had this problem from when brought roku any suggestions?????

0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Jim_King 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify what channels you are unable to stream from and what specific titles?

Have you tried removing the channels from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channels back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted so we can continue to assist you if needed.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jim_King
Level 7

On the roku channel its self can watch live tv but any steaming cant do – have remove roku channel and reinstalled after a restart of roku does not work.

Home – roku channel

Featured – Santa clause  loading play hit play nothing

New this month -  Program??? – loading play nothing

Live TV loading plays

All other same as featured and new this month

0 Kudos
frankenberry
Level 7

Hey Jim, I don't work for Roku. I'm sorry I can't help you with this. I think for streaming you have to have a channel that allows you to do that but I might be wrong. I have a Roku 3 so that probably will not help you very much.

0 Kudos