Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alacan62
Level 7

Streaming Channels not Launching

Good morning. I have the Roku 3500x software version 9.10 build 4111-09... Last night all my channels except for Netflix stopped working. I cannot launch of the programs and I get an upgrade message the comes up for about two seconds before it goes back to the Roku home screen. I checked for a software upgrade and it indicated I was running the latest version. This was all working Saturday.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
vnazario
Level 8

Re: Streaming Chanel's not launching

It happened to me too.  I have the stick+ with current latest firmware.  Factory reset did not fix my issue.
vnazario

2xRoku2 XS,Roku1+SE,Logitech Revue GoogleTV,Raspberry Pi+XBMC,Mac Mini+EyeTV DVR+RabbitTV+PLEX+Kodi,TiVo Premiere,Sony BluRay+streaming apps,Equiso Android TV,FireTV,Nexus player,Simple.TV Local TV:QAM from ISP coax line. PLEX+unsupported apps
0 Kudos
lreed
Level 7

MY Roku is not loading any channels except for Netflix, Amazon and Hulu, everything else just starts to load and then brings me back to the main screen. Very frustrated. Is this an outage, I am in Tampa.
0 Kudos

No its not fixed..
Rebooted wifi didnt work
Remove channel and add didnt work
Roku update- none available
Reset network connection didn’t work

Have I forgotten anything else that didn’t work?

Update: tried it 2 hrs later it’s working now, all roku apps are loading normally..
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the note. A few more questions to help better understand what you're seeing. 

- Which specific channels are you trying to launch when you are being kicked back to the home screen? 
- Have you tried rebooting both your device and your wireless router? 
- Have you tried removing any affected channel, restarting your device, then adding the channel back again to see if this clears up the issue? 
- Have you checked for any system updates in Settings>System>System update>Check now? 

Please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About. I'll help take a closer look and see what other recommendations we can make. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos