Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shoman90
Level 7

Strange problem

Strange problem.  We have a Roku 3 on our big TV, a TCL Roku TV, and 3 sticks.  The Roku 3 remote froze up two nights ago.  No amount of pairing experiments worked.  Batteries are new.   At the same time, the Roku TV wouldn't connect to the inet no matter what I tried.  The other two stick TVs worked just fine.  This could all be a coincidence with the Roku TV, but I'm just reporting what happened.     

The next morning, after doing all the normal things to get back online, I reset to factory default on the Roku TV, went through the setup, and it's been working fine since.  

The Roku 3 TV is still a no go. This Roku 3 TV is HDMI connected through my receiver for surround sound.  Here's what I've tried.

Factory reset.  The TV saw a new device. Roku lets me start the 'set up' procedure with the Roku remote (including pairing)...far enough to get my inet hooked up...and then the remote froze

Tried isolating the TV from the receiver with a new HDMI cable from the Roku 3 to the TV.  No soap.

Tried a Roku stick from another TV.  Same as above....I get so far into the new device set up using the remote to move around and it freezes up ...like the Roku 3

I put the Roku app on my phone and both the Roku 3 and the stick remote experiment work just fine on the big TV.

I ordered a new remote yesterday just to cover that base, but don't think that's the issue

Any help would be appreciated.  I would prefer to not use my phone

Thanks -- Steve

0 Kudos
3 Replies
shoman90
Level 7

Re: Strange problem

A new remote works.  No idea why the problem listed above was the same for the 3 different remotes we have, but let sleeping dogs lie. It's working now.  The phone app was actually doing very good too while we used it.

0 Kudos
DarthDagger
Level 9

I had problems with connecting power from USB port on the TV or when using an iPhone power adapter instead of the one supplied by Roku. Moral of the story is what may seem like an unrelated issue could be power, maybe it’s not the case for you but the symptoms seemed similar enough for me to mention this, best of luck. 

0 Kudos
shoman90
Level 7

Thanks!  I tired all 3 HDMI ports on the TV and with 2 other Roku sticks as well as trying to pair the stick remotes with the older Roku 3. All the ports will work other gear.  The sticks had their own power supply. all is working well, and as was before, with the new remote

0 Kudos