Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
art33
Level 9

Stopping autoplay on thumbnails on You Tube

Last week the You Tube station started auto playing the thumbnails.  It never used to do that and while you can disable the 'autoplay' for the next full video to play, there doesn't seem to be a way to stop the annoying nauseating moving images on the thumbnails.  If there isn't a way to stop that, I will have to stop watching it on the Roku TV because it literally makes me want to barf every time it frantically tries to play the video in the little thumbnail pic.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 15

Re: Stopping autoplay on thumbnails on You Tube

That doesn't happen for me.

What I'm wondering is, are the thumbnails you talking about regular YouTube videos? Or are they YouTube music videos? If they are music videos, there's a separate setting for those. The regular disable autoplay setting doesn't affect music videos. Look for the setting for those.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
art33
Level 9

no, it is not music videos, it is all videos if the cursor is anywhere in the vicinity they will start frantically playing at accelerated speed. There is no setting to turn it off.  The auto play setting is for it to play the next video automatically once you finish watching one, it has nothing to do with the thumbnails.  I hate it.  HATE IT HATE IT  HATE IT!!!!!!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 15

@art33 wrote:

no, it is not music videos, it is all videos if the cursor is anywhere in the vicinity they will start frantically playing at accelerated speed. There is no setting to turn it off.  The auto play setting is for it to play the next video automatically once you finish watching one, it has nothing to do with the thumbnails.  I hate it.  HATE IT HATE IT  HATE IT!!!!!!

What cursor? Roku doesn't have a cursor like you have on Web browsers. You can use the arrows on the remote to move from one selected item to the next, but there is no cursor to be "in the vicinity" of anything.

Maybe restate the issue.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos