Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EJoy
Level 7

Starz hacked - changed password, but Roku doesn't ask for the new password!

Jump to solution

My Starz account has been hacked.  Someone keeps adding their own profile.  I am the only one who has the username and password.  I changed the password and even called Starz.  But, Roku doesn't ask for the new password, it just takes me right into the app!  

Starz does not have a list of devices that are using the account (I asked).  I don't want to change the email associated with the account, because the hacker can see my email address in the app (assuming they too are using Roku) - I don't want to give them more information.

Ideas?  Do I just need to cancel my Starz subscription?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Starz hacked - changed password, but Roku doesn't ask for the new password!

Jump to solution

@EJoy 

Thanks for the post.

For further assistance with that channel's account functionality, you'll want to contact Starz  support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Starz support here: https://www.starz.com/us/en/faq

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Starz hacked - changed password, but Roku doesn't ask for the new password!

Jump to solution

@EJoy 

Thanks for the post.

For further assistance with that channel's account functionality, you'll want to contact Starz  support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Starz support here: https://www.starz.com/us/en/faq

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos