Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg_M1
Level 7

Starz for $4.95 ?

I was going to subscribe to Starz for $4.95 per mo when I saw it advertised on my Roku channels but it's not there any more?
Was this just a temporary offer or maybe a reduction that would only give it to you fro a few months at that rate?
Looking for the least expense way to subscribe.

Thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
twiceover
Level 11

Re: Starz for $4.95 ?

I see there was a holiday offer in December for that price, but nothing current.  Did you maybe activate a new Roku on your account?  Sometimes a new device will give you access to special promos for some time period.  Example, I got HBO for 3 months for $10 (or something like that) when I added a TV a while back.
0 Kudos
Greg_M1
Level 7

I have not added any Roku(s) recently but I did a few months back.
I think they offer I saw was around the 4th of July
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 11

"Greg_M" wrote:
I have not added any Roku(s) recently but I did a few months back.
I think they offer I saw was around the 4th of July

A number of streaming channels were heavily discounted for a limited time during the Amazon Prime Day event. I am sure if it was offered on Amazon Channels it was likely matched on Roku Channels. Those deals have likely ended. I ended up adding Britbox channel at 50% discount for 3 months. But, I see that deal has ended.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
Greg_M1
Level 7

I bet it was Amazon. I just couldn't remember for sure, only that it was $4.95.
Thank you
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 11

"Greg_M" wrote:
I bet it was Amazon. I just couldn't remember for sure, only that it was $4.95.
Thank you

No problem. I checked on Amazon and unfortunately it is back to regular $8.99 per month pricing with 7-day free trial. But, unless you absolutely want to stream something now, it will eventually get discounted again around some event.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
Heyitsrick
Level 11

On my Amazon Prime Video phone app, Starz shows up in a big promo box for $4.49 / month (new customers only).
0 Kudos