Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmb
Level 7

Starz channel

Jump to solution

It is not allowing any log in. It is just showing a 7 day trial offer. I already have starz and do not need their trial. How do I log in????

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Starz channel

Jump to solution

@Jmb 

Thanks for the inquiry.

When you open the Starz channel on your Roku device, on the top right corner there will be an option to login. You should then be able to login with your Starz account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Jmb 

Thanks for the inquiry.

When you open the Starz channel on your Roku device, on the top right corner there will be an option to login. You should then be able to login with your Starz account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
at600
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Starz subscription, however it is not giving me an option to log in under the Stars app.  It previously was logged in under an old roommate.  How can I use my own account that I did not purchase thru Roku

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @at600,

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Sign-in into the channel with your Starz account, you will find the login option on the top right corner. If the issue still persists, we suggest you reach out to the providers directly.

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
at600
Level 7

Jump to solution

Appreciate the assist but it did not work.  It appears I can only sign in if I purchase it thru the Roku website and not Starz.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@at600
Thanks for the update.

Are you trying to access through the Starz standalone channel or through The Roku Channel?

For more information about that channel's authentication, you'll want to contact Starz support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Starz support here: https://www.starz.com/us/en/faq

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos