Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jmb

Starz channel

Jump to solution

It is not allowing any log in. It is just showing a 7 day trial offer. I already have starz and do not need their trial. How do I log in????

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Starz channel

Jump to solution

@Jmb 

Thanks for the inquiry.

When you open the Starz channel on your Roku device, on the top right corner there will be an option to login. You should then be able to login with your Starz account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Starz channel, doing exactly like the other person says, not working correctly, imagine that

Jump to solution

Hi @kashe,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

In this case, It's best to reach out to ATT&T TV to get the channel going on your Roku. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel login. Please be noted that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication and many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can learn more at DIRECTV STREAM Customer Service & Support

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Jmb 

Thanks for the inquiry.

When you open the Starz channel on your Roku device, on the top right corner there will be an option to login. You should then be able to login with your Starz account.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
at600

Jump to solution

I have a Starz subscription, however it is not giving me an option to log in under the Stars app.  It previously was logged in under an old roommate.  How can I use my own account that I did not purchase thru Roku

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @at600,

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Sign-in into the channel with your Starz account, you will find the login option on the top right corner. If the issue still persists, we suggest you reach out to the providers directly.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
at600

Jump to solution

Appreciate the assist but it did not work.  It appears I can only sign in if I purchase it thru the Roku website and not Starz.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@at600
Thanks for the update.

Are you trying to access through the Starz standalone channel or through The Roku Channel?

For more information about that channel's authentication, you'll want to contact Starz support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Starz support here: https://www.starz.com/us/en/faq

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RK_KC
Channel Surfer

Re: Starz channel, doing exactly like the other person says, not working correctly, imagine that

Jump to solution

This is not a solution to the persons problem. You answered with how starz is supposed to work. Its obviously not working how its supposed to work or that person would not be on here looking for help. My starz channel is doing the same thing. It kicked me out like every other channel does when they feel like it. Only this time when you go to the top right corner and click on the gear icon, you only have one choice, start a 7 day trial. If it was working correctly then I would do as your answer states and login with my tv providers information, but its not working correctly. Just another day with multiple things having issues.. I'm finding these kind of issues very routine. Yeah, they (the little kids) all wanted to cut the cord, but doing this has caused lots of other issues. One being there is always something not working right. Like everything that has to do with phones, tablets, streaming, apps, google, roku, actually even all the **bleep** we get sold from china as well. Gone are the days of things working right out of the box the whole time you're using it, everytime you use it. Today's things/items are designed to sometimes work intermittently.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @RK_KC

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that Starz through The Roku Channel doesn't have an option to log in since it automatically uses your Roku account information. We would recommend making sure you are accessing the standalone Starz channel so you can log in to your existing Starz account or TV provider. 

Let us know if you need more help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
LucyLoggz

Jump to solution

Are you telling us that we can no longer use Roku to get to our Starz accounts that we pay for through our tv providers.  And if we don’t have a smart tv that has that app we are out of luck?  What kind of nonsense is this, since I’m paying for Starz and can only view it in real time?  And you specifically do not provide customer service for anything but sales?  I don’t get it.  Really I don’t. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@LucyLoggz

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify how you are trying to access your Starz subscription? Are you trying to access the content directly through the channel provider or are you accessing it through your TV provider's channel?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos