Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steeve725
Level 7

Start show from beginning Hulu live tv

Hi everyone,

Have a roku streaming stick + (model 3810RW)

Just subscribed to Hulu no commercials with live tv

I cannot figure out how to start show from beginning using live tv

When I switch to live tv, I see the channel guide. Each channel has the green bar showing built up time, but I've tried and cannot get the show to start from beginning.

If anyone knows how and could help me, that'd be great.

Thank you
0 Kudos
12 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Start show from beginning Hulu live tv

Not having Hulu Live, I am going to ask a silly question.. Do you know if this feature is even available?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
steeve725
Level 7

I’ve heard you can Start from the beginning, however the Hulu chat representative I just chatted with told me that you can never start a show from beginning on Hulu live TV. Unless The chat representative I chatted with doesn’t know.

That’s crazy, considering when you look at the live TV guide it has time built up on every channel. I guess that’s just for looks.
0 Kudos
mikebdoss
Level 9

I don't think you can start every show from the beginning, just ones you've set to record/"favorites" (or whatever they call it). The progress bar on the grid is just to show how far along the show is, not an active one you can go back on. 
0 Kudos
steeve725
Level 7

Got it.

Found out if I have it set to “my channel's" then click on * for options, then press "watch live" it'll go to that channel. I then have the option to rewind it to the beginning.

One issue I did find that's really annoying.

If I'm watching live tv and pause it for any amount of time, when it gets to the end of the show and the other show starts it will jump to however long I had it paused for, then I need to rewind back to the beginning.

For example, if I'm watching a show from 4:00-4:30 and I have it paused for 5 minutes, when 4:30 arrives the new show will jump to 4:35, I'll miss 5 minutes unless I rewind 5 minutes. Weird bug.
0 Kudos
steeve725
Level 7

Yea, this live tv thing is frustrating.

When I wrote my reply above all the channels I have set as "my channel's" built up time when I clicked on them. All I had to do was rewind. I even had the option to start over.

I guess I was wrong. I hastily wrote the above.

Now after checking every channel in "my channels" Some of the "my channels" have time built up and you can rewind or start from beginning, some don't, they start right were you begin when you click on it and you can't rewind or start from beginning.

I can't understand it
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 11

"steeve725" wrote:
Yea, this live tv thing is frustrating.

When I wrote my reply above all the channels I have set as "my channel's" built up time when I clicked on them. All I had to do was rewind. I even had the option to start over.

I guess I was wrong. I hastily wrote the above.

Now after checking every channel in "my channels" Some of the "my channels" have time built up and you can rewind or start from beginning, some don't, they start right were you begin when you click on it and you can't rewind or start from beginning.

I can't understand it

Some of the inconsistent behavior is based on the channel provider and what they allow. Some will allow you to jump into a LIVE STREAM and START FROM THE BEGINNING, others will only allow you to join a LIVE STREAM in progress and not rewind.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
steeve725
Level 7

Yea that would make sense, however a couple times yesterday I turned to one of my local channels using "my channels" and it had time built up, I was excited that I could watch my program from the beginning. Today that same channel I switched to, same program didn't have time built up.

Sometimes the local channel will have time built up, sometimes it won't.

So what gives? Very inconsistent & Frustrating to say the least.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
blade_005
Level 11

"steeve725" wrote:
Yea that would make sense, however a couple times yesterday I turned to one of my local channels using "my channels" and it had time built up, I was excited that I could watch my program from the beginning. Today that same channel I switched to, same program didn't have time built up.

Sometimes the local channel will have time built up, sometimes it won't.

So what gives? Very inconsistent & Frustrating to say the least.

Who knows?

We could get even more granular. Some programming on some channels may only allow you to join in LIVE and not rewind. Now, if you post back that the same programming at the same time on different days gave you two different responses, then it is a true head scratcher!
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

Sounds very similar to how Time Warner/Spectrum allow start over only on certain programming.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos