Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Star Trek: The Next Generation Screensaver not working?

A few months back on my 40" TCL Roku TV, I found a Star Trek: The Next Generation theme.  I installed it, and when it came time for the screensaver to come on, all I get is a black screen.  There's nothing that ever comes up as a screensaver for this theme.

If I'm in the Theme directory on the TV, and using the remote I press OK to go into the theme, there's an option to Preview screensaver.  When I do that, it says, Loading Images, but then once that Loading Images word goes away, there's no images on the screen.

Is this a known problem with this specific theme, or is there a way to make a screensaver work if it doesn't seem to be working?

I got the TV as a birthday gift last year, but am not too familiar with the technical aspects of Roku TV's.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Screensaver not working?

@Twiigss 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the title of screensaver as well as post a picture of the screen saver and issue that you are experiencing.

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate team to look further into.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Star Trek: The Next Generation Screensaver not working?

@RokuDanny-R 

As I mentioned previously, Danny...

I have the Star Trek: The Next Generation theme, installed on my 40" TCL Roku TV.

This theme comes with a screen saver, but when the screen saver is supposed to come on, all it shows is a black screen that says "Loading Images".  No images load, and all I get is a black screen.

There is an option on the TV that will allow you to preview the screen saver, before you install the theme, but the screen saver doesn't work when you try to preview it either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Can't install Star Trek themes

I purchased a second Roku and when I set it up, the two Star Trek themes, original and TNG, didn't move over and won't install if I search for them. Instead I get a "channel install failed," "could not add" error. They are both on my old Streaming Stick but won't download to my new Premiere. Please help! I've read suggestions on this website of other channel errors and nothing I tried has helped. Wish I could contact support over this! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: Can't install Star Trek themes

I would guess the new device has a newer Roku OS and the owner of Star Trek Themes has not fixed this theme package for the new Roku OS.

Try contacting the Star Trek owner to let them know to fix their theme package for the new Roku OS.

Other alternative is state you want credit for the broken themes.  You can contact Roku directly about "Billing" issues.

https://support.roku.com/contactus

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
0 Kudos