Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nunner
Channel Surfer

Re: Spotify won't open on TCL series 5. Kicks back to homescreen.

I try to open it by going to add channels, searching Spotify, and click open from there. The screen flashes quickly and returns back to that screen.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Nunner

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like you provided us with your device details before and I noticed that you were in OS 10.5 that time. Could you try running a manual update to your Roku TV and see if the same issue persists? To do this, go to Settings > System > System update > Check now

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DaveTheRave1
Binge Watcher

@RokuKariza-D 

As I have stated multiple times to multiple people in my answers, including the Previous one. You can locate spotify by searching channels.  SINCE THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR SO LONG I HAVE INCLuDED PICTURES OF MY ABOUT, SEARCH, AND A VIDEO OF WHAT HAPPENS for you. i just NEED HELP getting this fixed and i can never get any answers just the same questions over and over

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yLWaqno5TR4ErfK4wSwaVYfo2h_ADZiu?usp=sharing

0 Kudos
DaveTheRave1
Binge Watcher

I have done complete factory resets multiple times so the order doesnt matter!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@DaveTheRave1

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

I noticed that you provided us with your device details back in January 2022. Please reply here with your updated TV information for further investigation:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DaveTheRave1
Binge Watcher

@RokuKariza-D 

I just provided you with pictures and video of everything 9 min ago

0 Kudos
DaveTheRave1
Binge Watcher

@RokuKariza-D @RokuMary-F 

ISSUE REPORT TRACKER

MODEL : A124X - ROKU TV

SOFTWARE VERSION: 11.0.0 - BUILD 4193-88

TIMESTAMP: 2022-06-01T18:07:17Z

PLEASE USE THIS ISSUE ID:  N1-218-527 to report the current issue

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DaveTheRave1

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, when did you start seeing this issue occur? Was this issue happening when you previously had OS 10.5 or did you just start seeing this issue occur once your updated your Roku TV to the new OS 11.0?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nunner
Channel Surfer

I’ve had this issue since I got my tv back in august of 2021, right out of the box there’s been multiple updates to the tv and Spotify app, and the same issue has persisted through all of them. Here’s the info from the tv:

tv: a123x

tcl model: 55s531

serial: X00300S8A95T

sw version: 11.0.0 build 4193-88

device id: S0C2Y158A95T

spotify version: 2.8.102

0 Kudos
DaveTheRave1
Binge Watcher

@RokuDanny-R @RokuKariza-D @Nunner 

MIne started in September of 2021. It was doing it in both my 4 series and 5 series but then the 4 series started working and the 5 series still dioesnt. From what I read online this is happening tio a lot of people with the TCL 531 series. TCL has stated to me that it is a software issue multiple times. Not sure when we upgraded to 11.0.0

0 Kudos