Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klucks2404
Reel Rookie

Re: Spotify won't open on TCL series 5. Kicks back to homescreen.

Like @DaveTheRave1, the issue only occurs with Spotify on my TCL 55S531. Adding and removing the channel, system restarts, nor app updates have been able to resolve the problem. Even when it is installed, it doesn't appear on the Home screen with the other installed apps. Thank you for looking into this!

Tags (1)
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would recommend trying to perform a manual update on your Roku device to see if you are still experiencing the issue you are reporting.
Instructions to manually update your software:
1. Navigate to Settings
2. Select System
3. Select System update
4. Select Check now
For more information about how to check for a manual update, visit our Support page here: How to update the software on your Roku TV™ or Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support 

If you are still experiencing an channel playback issue with Spotify, please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
DaveTheRave1
Binge Watcher

@RokuMary-F 

Seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read the previious messages I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING POSSIBLE FOR 5 MONTHS AND THERE IS MORE PEOPLE THAN ME OBVIOUSLY WITH THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM WITH THE SAME TV ALL MY INFO IS IN THJIS THREAD PLEASE respond from now one with solutions notstandard rteplies

0 Kudos
DaveTheRave1
Binge Watcher

PLEASE HELP , BEEN A YEAR WITH NO SPOTIFY ON MY 65 INCH SERIES 5

@DaveTheRave1, the issue only occurs with Spotify on my TCL 65S531. Adding and removing the channel, system restarts, nor app updates have been able to resolve the problem. Even when it is installed, it doesn't appear on the Home screen with the other installed apps. Thank you for looking into this!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@DaveTheRave1 

You're not going to like this, but ... 

Think of it like baking a cake. There are ingredients and steps to take, and the order is important. If you do the "add two eggs" part last, after the "bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees" you will not make a good cake. The order of things can be very important.

Same with reinstalling an app on a Roku device. The order of steps is important, and in all of your responses, you've never stated the order you performed the steps. I'm not doubting you did the steps. I'm asking to specifically state the steps and the order. Describe, in order, the steps you took to reinstall the app.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@DaveTheRave1 wrote:

... Even when it is installed, it doesn't appear on the Home screen with the other installed apps. ...

Wait. What? Then how?...

@DaveTheRave1 wrote:

.... Adding and removing the channel, ...

If it's not on the home screen, how are you removing it?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

I tried removing the channel and going through the system restart process, then restarting it. Did not work. Same type tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Kimsbasketz

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you tell us more about the issue you're experiencing? Does it happen only on one channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Any error code or message?

Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DaveTheRave1
Binge Watcher

It only happens with the SPOTIFY channel on this SERIES 5 65" TV.

My other TCL ROKU 4 Series TV works fine

I can see the channel to add and remove by searching channels but you cannot open the channel on THIS TV. and Spotify DOES NOT appear on HOME screen. I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING POSSIBLE

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @davetherave

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, when you launch the Spotify channel, does it also kicks back to your Roku home screen? You've mentioned it does not appear on your Roku home screen. Could you tell us how are you accessing the app? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos