Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Spotify will not open/load on Roku TV - states not enough space (but has been a main app)

Jump to solution

Hi,
I hope all are well. I have had Spotify on my Roku TV for quite some time now (years!), but for the past several days I have not been able to open the app. I get an error stating "Channel Install Failed - Could not open/add 'Spotify Music'. There is not enough space... Please remove one or more channels and try again..."
I have removed several channels, removed playlists from Spotify itself, tried to open the app and still get this message... I have tried to update on both the TV and in the app on my Android... and have now removed Spotify from my Roku TV and tried to add it once again but still get this message.
Can anyone help? Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Spotify will not open/load on Roku TV - states not enough space (but has been a main app)

Jump to solution

@Kate27 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend making sure to remove all unused channels from your Roku TV. Once the channels are removed, try to perform a factory reset on your Roku TV, and then relink the Roku TV back to your Roku account. Please be aware that performing a factory reset on your Roku TV will require you to reauthenticate your channel subscriptions. Does this resolve the issue that you are experiencing?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Spotify will not open/load on Roku TV - states not enough space (but has been a main app)

Jump to solution

@Kate27 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend making sure to remove all unused channels from your Roku TV. Once the channels are removed, try to perform a factory reset on your Roku TV, and then relink the Roku TV back to your Roku account. Please be aware that performing a factory reset on your Roku TV will require you to reauthenticate your channel subscriptions. Does this resolve the issue that you are experiencing?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos