Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
braaten

Re: Spotify Linked With Roku Credentials

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  Tried the suggest solution, but doesn't work.  We also have a family account.  Maybe that has something to do with it.  Should be able to associate with multiple accounts, not just one.  If a family member has their own unique Roku account but a shared Spotify family account, this should not be a problem, but appears to be related to this.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Spotify will not open/load on Roku TV - states not enough space (but has been a main app)

Jump to solution

@Guynraleigh01

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Have you already checked for a software update on your Roku device as well as removing the channel, restarting the device, and adding the channel back again?

With more detailed information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Guynraleigh01
Binge Watcher

Re: Spotify will not open/load on Roku TV - states not enough space (but has been a main app)

Jump to solution

I have checked updates this is already updated this is what caused the issue of Spotify not opening. Spotify has already looked at this not their issue. I have removed and reinstalled Spotify and same issue.

0 Kudos
Guynraleigh01
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have completed the following

1: Remove Spotify and added Spotify back

2: Check for updates all has been completed.

3: Rebooted TV

4: Still not working

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Guynraleigh01 @RonBoom 

Thanks for the follow up.

It's important that when you remove the channel, that you restart your TV before adding the channel back, specifically in that order.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Guynraleigh01
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same issue removed rebooted and added channel,back  Spotify Want open.

no,updates been there. Spotty want load or open.

0 Kudos
Jp85
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same problem and no help with suggestions. I finally got it to work. Here is what I did:

I deleted my Spotify app on my ROKU. 

I made sure my phone app for SPOTIFY was closed.

*I brought my phone with the SPOTIFY app into my room where the ROKU was on my TV ( I think this is esssential)

I downloaded the SPOTIFY app back onto my ROKU.

I opened my SPOTIFY app on my phone ( NOT CHOOSING any of the music lists)

I then opened ROKU on the TV and it worked normally.

I now bring my phone in the room when I use SPOTIFY on my TV and haven’t had any problems again.

good luck

0 Kudos
corriomega
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Checked, it had done an auto update 9:33 when I restarted as I had the same issue as the others.  Update or lack is not the issue. Was there a recent code update?  Unable to log in or delete account. As mentioned screen locked... nothing happens

0 Kudos
corriomega
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have an individual account  not a family account.                                                                                                                                                                                        

0 Kudos
thehowards
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We finally got it to work! We removed both accounts from app. Then we logged in with the primary account and then added in the other family account and logged in. It has been working perfectly since. Just as an FYI, neither Spotify or Roku could help, it was just process of elimination until something worked.

0 Kudos