Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Squirrelly416
Level 7

Spotify stops playing after awhile

Jump to solution

I play Spotify on my TCL TV at night and usually fall asleep with it on. There is no sleep timer on and my bandwidth saver is turned off, but Spotify will stop at some point in the night and go to the screensaver. The screensaver is set to turn on after 20 minutes of inactivity. The playlist I’m using has over 2,500 songs so I know the playlist isn’t the issue. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue? I’d like to use this for a party, but I don’t want it to randomly stop after awhile.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Spotify stops playing after awhile

Jump to solution

@Squirrelly416 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The issue you are experiencing seems to be related to the Spotify channel settings in regards to when it goes to a screensaver. 

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spotify support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spotify support here: https://support.spotify.com/us/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Spotify stops playing after awhile

Jump to solution

@Squirrelly416 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The issue you are experiencing seems to be related to the Spotify channel settings in regards to when it goes to a screensaver. 

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Spotify support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spotify support here: https://support.spotify.com/us/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos