Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Spotify still makes my Roku reboot

Jump to solution

#spotify

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Spotify still makes my Roku reboot

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note here. 

Try the following: 

1. Remove the Spotify channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channelt ile, pressing the * key, and choosing 'Remove channel'. 

2. Go to Settings>System>System restart and restart you rRoku device fully. 

3. Once your device starts up again, go to 'Streaming channels' search for Spotify and add the channel back once more. 

4. If you have a number channels installed on your device, you might also try removing any channels that you don't often use to help free up system resources. This can help improve performance in some cases. 

If you're still running into an issue from there, we'd recommend reaching out to Spotify support to report the problem and request additional support. You can reach them directly here: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/how-can-i-contact-spotify/?in_footer

Thanks again,

Tanner

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note here. 

Try the following: 

1. Remove the Spotify channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channelt ile, pressing the * key, and choosing 'Remove channel'. 

2. Go to Settings>System>System restart and restart you rRoku device fully. 

3. Once your device starts up again, go to 'Streaming channels' search for Spotify and add the channel back once more. 

4. If you have a number channels installed on your device, you might also try removing any channels that you don't often use to help free up system resources. This can help improve performance in some cases. 

If you're still running into an issue from there, we'd recommend reaching out to Spotify support to report the problem and request additional support. You can reach them directly here: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/how-can-i-contact-spotify/?in_footer

Thanks again,

Tanner

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks very much for that information. 

run 3

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Still reboots. Spotify 2.7.16 on Roku express 3900EU 9.2.0 build 4806-51 reboots on load. Other unused channels removed and Roku restarted. Spotify works on everything else. Spotify community recommends contacting Roku support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

it's rare to find well explained content like that with very clear links. Thank you.

meilleur chaise gamer 2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Spotify still makes my Roku reboot, resolved my issue

Jump to solution

I've been having the same issues with my device as well but I fixed it by doing the following.

I removed the app from my Roku...when I originally signed up to Spotify, I logged in via my Facebook account, I removed the app from my mobile, I then downloaded spotify on my mobile again and signed in via Facebook. I then downloaded Spotify on my roku. I opened Spotify on my mobile and then on my Roku, I played (any) track on my mobile, then in settings on the Spotify app on my mobile under 'devices', select 'connect to a device' (make sure your mobile and Roku are on the same network) then choose my Roku and it worked! I can now use Spotify on my Roku - Hope this helps :-)

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

thank you for the advice but removing/adding the app makes no difference. When connecting to the Roku from the Spotify mobile app it just reboots the Roku as it does when selecting Spotify from the Roku menu. Very disappointed in Roku. Spotify works on everything else including Chromecast works out of the box without any messing about.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tried all of the above to no avail.  ROKU says contact Spotify, Spotify doesn't even recognize ROKU among its providers.

Why is this so difficult?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks so much. This worked for me! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

When I try to use the Spotify app via my Roku, it just freezes up the entire TV. I have to turn the TV off and then on again just to be able to watch anything. All other apps seem to work great.

I noticed even with the proposed fix for this, you would still need to use your mobile phone to control the Spotify app via Roku. For example, using the fix you described, I cannot leave music playing in the house if I leave with my phone. Correct? I believe I should be able to have Spotify playing on my TV via Roku without even having to use my phone at all. My dog has terrible separation anxiety, so I like to have music on in the house for him when I leave.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?