Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gmoore
Level 7

Spotify still makes my Roku reboot

Jump to solution

#spotify

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Spotify still makes my Roku reboot

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note here. 

Try the following: 

1. Remove the Spotify channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channelt ile, pressing the * key, and choosing 'Remove channel'. 

2. Go to Settings>System>System restart and restart you rRoku device fully. 

3. Once your device starts up again, go to 'Streaming channels' search for Spotify and add the channel back once more. 

4. If you have a number channels installed on your device, you might also try removing any channels that you don't often use to help free up system resources. This can help improve performance in some cases. 

If you're still running into an issue from there, we'd recommend reaching out to Spotify support to report the problem and request additional support. You can reach them directly here: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/how-can-i-contact-spotify/?in_footer

Thanks again,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for the note here. 

Try the following: 

1. Remove the Spotify channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channelt ile, pressing the * key, and choosing 'Remove channel'. 

2. Go to Settings>System>System restart and restart you rRoku device fully. 

3. Once your device starts up again, go to 'Streaming channels' search for Spotify and add the channel back once more. 

4. If you have a number channels installed on your device, you might also try removing any channels that you don't often use to help free up system resources. This can help improve performance in some cases. 

If you're still running into an issue from there, we'd recommend reaching out to Spotify support to report the problem and request additional support. You can reach them directly here: https://support.spotify.com/us/article/how-can-i-contact-spotify/?in_footer

Thanks again,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
joannrosa
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks very much for that information. 

run 3

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mrosebury
Level 7

Jump to solution

Still reboots. Spotify 2.7.16 on Roku express 3900EU 9.2.0 build 4806-51 reboots on load. Other unused channels removed and Roku restarted. Spotify works on everything else. Spotify community recommends contacting Roku support.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Clara2020
Level 7

Jump to solution

it's rare to find well explained content like that with very clear links. Thank you.

meilleur chaise gamer 2020

0 Kudos