Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tnicke
Channel Surfer

Re: Spotify not working on TCL Roku TV

So after these many months I am still having the same issue on my TCL Roku TV: the Spotify app will not load. 

I have repeatedly followed these steps …

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku (Settings > System > Power > System Restart > Restart)
  3. Reinstall the app

… the Spotify app still does not load. 

I tried factory reset, and  the Spotify app still does not load.

The Spotify app works fine on my Roku stick, my IPhone, my PC’s and my GM Car ….  But NOT on my new TCL Roku TV. 
I am very very disappointed that this problem has persisted for so long, and I don’t know if I should be disappointed in Roku, TCL, or Spotify. Probably all three at this point. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Tnicke 

Roku made the operating system, TCL made the hardware, and Spotify made the app. So, yeah, who to blame will be difficult to pinpoint.

But, from the Roku end, I'd suggest reaching out to @RokuDanny-R , @RokuMary-F , or @RokuKariza-D for assistance. They may be able to get further investigation by the Roku tech support team involved. The fact it's a device not manufactured by Roku could cause a complication, but let's see what Roku says.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Tnicke

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate the issue you are experiencing. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I bought my TV in June 2022 (TCL 65” 5-series 4K UHD QLED Dolby Vision HDR Roku Smart TV - 65S531) and have the same problem and tried all the same remedies without success. Has a fix been created/found? 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Tiggers04

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on Spotify or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected Spotify channel and then re-install it again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Tnicke
Channel Surfer

Hello RokuDanny, sorry for the delayed response but here is the info you asked for. FYI Spotify still will not load on my TCL Roku TV. Please have a look and advise, thank you. 

Problem: “Spotify will not load/open on TCL TV”:

-Roku device model: A124X - Roku TV
-serial number: X00300YL03VU
-device ID: S0C3Y14L03VU
-software OS/version: 11.0.0 build 4193-88
-does this issue occur on a specific channel?
— Yes, only one channel fails.

if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel?
— Spotify   Version: 2.8.104 | Jun 27, 2022

-tracker ID when this issue occurs

— VU-266-160

— After I add the Spotify channel, it does not show up on the Home Screen. However I can search on it and find the Spotify channel — and it looks like it is installed. When I select “Go to channel”, the TCL TV screen goes blank for 2 or 3 seconds but Spotify channel does not open. Instead the original screen returns where I can select “Go to channel” or Remove channel , etc.

This happens every time I try to install and run Spotify. I still have never gotten Spotify to work on my new TCL TV.

0 Kudos
dikbee3
Reel Rookie

Hi all

I have the same problem on my TCL TV with attached, separate Roku box. I've had the TV for a year or two.  For me, Spotify worked fine until this week. Could also use my Samsung phone to control Spotty on TV.  Then one day Spotify simply refused to load. The icon is there, but doesn't load when you click it. Uninstalled & re-installed Spotify 3 times. Turned off  & restarted TV, Roku box, modem/router (all several times). There must be some conflict between Spotify & either a recent TCL or a recent Roku software update.

Richard

0 Kudos
dikbee3
Reel Rookie

I guess we'd need to know whether any other brands of TV are similarly affected, in which case TCL software or firmware could be ruled out as culprit.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Tnicke @dikbee3

Thanks for the posts.

Have you recently checked for a channel update to see if that helps resolve the issue you are experiencing?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us with the updated information of the following:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dikbee3
Reel Rookie

Hi Roku Danny

Thanks for your reply!  2 days after I posted, Spotify started working again on our TCL TV. Can again operate it from the Android mobile phone as well, although occasionally phone can't detect the TV on network, & I think "here we go again..." But then it works again (so far). Fingers crossed! I can't say whether this problem was fixed by another Spotify auto update between my attempts to fix, or by me going through the steps of uninstalling & re installing Spotify from TV, resetting Roku box, etc, all in the exact order you & your colleague mentioned elsewhere on here. I will say it did not work when I reset the Roku box by unplugging it & turning it back on, but it appeared to fix things when I reset by using the combination of button presses on Roku box, that you had outlined.

0 Kudos