Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
herronmt
Level 8

Spotify not loading

Jump to solution

All of the sudden, my Spotify won't load on my Roku TV.  We use it every day.  Anyone else have issues today?  Suggested fixes?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Spotify not loading

Jump to solution

@needspotifyfix @drummeric 

Thanks for the posts.

If removing the channel, restarting your device and adding the channel back again doesn't resolve the issue, I'd recommend reaching out to Spotify directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Spotify channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I didn't have Spotify installed on my Roku devices, so I just added it. Started and played on my Sharp Roku TV without a problem. Try rebooting your TV (not just turning it off and on), and if it still fails remove the channel, reboot the TV (critical, do not skip), then reinstall the channel. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Johnniek
Level 7

Jump to solution

Recently Spotify stopped working.  It says not enough space. So I removed many channels and still have error, no space. I don't have a smart tv, hence buying a Roku. I don't know how to reboot my TV, the Roku, yes

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Johnniek 

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
needspotifyfix
Level 7

Jump to solution

This issue is persistent. I'm stuck in a cycle of having to remove the App, and start over again every couple of days. Today will be the FIFTH TIME I've had to remove the App, reboot the Roku, and reinstall the app. How frustrating considering this worked flawlessly up until last month.

drummeric
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the same issue as you. Persistently having to reinstall the app to get it to load. TLC Roku 50" TV.

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@needspotifyfix @drummeric 

Thanks for the posts.

If removing the channel, restarting your device and adding the channel back again doesn't resolve the issue, I'd recommend reaching out to Spotify directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Spotify channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jou
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have tried to download Spotify music to TCL TV for listening by using Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter .works like a charm.

0 Kudos
drummeric
Level 8

Jump to solution

Interesting take. I'd prefer to have a service I pay for provide a working app.

0 Kudos
drummeric
Level 8

Jump to solution

It did not. The issue persists.

0 Kudos