Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Spotify Randomly Starts and Interrupts Current Program

Hi, I have a 40" TCL TV that I purchased in December 2019. I have a bunch of the 'normal' streaming channels installed as well as Spotify. In the last month or so, I've had this strange issue where Spotify will randomly start up and interrupt whatever show I was watching, at loud volume. It was initially only when I was streaming but it now has started with regular TV. It has only happened about 6 times but it's very irritating, and I have to exit out of the streaming channel I am watching back to Home, then all is normal again (except for the volume which must be manually decreased). Any help with this would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Spotify Randomly Starts and Interrupts Current Program

I'm having a similar problem and am eager to learn what's going on and how to resolve this. In my case, the TV is turning on by itself and playing loud music (nothing that I would ever listen to BTW).

I did find mention if the remote batteries are running low, the remote may send off "weird" signals. I just changed the batteries and have my fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I've only had this TV since December but perhaps it is related to the batteries. I will change mine as well. Hadn't actually had this issue happen for a bit, then it happened twice last night, once on regular TV and once on streaming... If the battery thing doesn't work, and I don't get a fix here, I'm just going to delete Spotify off the TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Changing the batteries did not help, so I removed the Spotify app from the Roku TV.  Finally, no more surprises with loud music playing randomly....

0 Kudos