Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drphibes13
Level 7

Spotify On Roku OS 9

I received the 9.0 update the other day, and have since been using Spotify. I'm very happy to see its return. Audio wise it works flawlessly. I couldn't be happier in that regard. However often times I have noticed there is significant lag when doing things such as transitioning between tracks, and when navigating menus. Sometimes it is a 15- 20 second delay. Sometimes it is up to a 45+ second delay at times. Is anyone else noticing this same behavior? I don't mind a little lag sometimes, and I know this is a new version, but this sort of lag does seem a bit excessive in my opinion. Any input is appreciated. By the way, just in case anyone is curious I am using the Roku Stick+... Thanks.
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Spotify On Roku OS 9

"drphibes13" wrote:
I received the 9.0 update the other day, and have since been using Spotify. I'm very happy to see it's return. Audio wise it works flawlessly. I couldn't be happier in that regard. However often times I have noticed there is significant lag when doing things such as transitioning between tracks, and when navigating menus. Sometimes it is a 15- 20 second delay. Sometimes it is up to a 45+ second delay at times. Is anyone else noticing this same behavior? I don't mind a little lag sometimes, and I know this is a new version, but this sort of lag does seem a bit excessive in my opinion. Any input is appreciated. By the way, just in case anyone is curious I am using the Roku Stick+... Thanks.

Yep. Using a Roku Ultra, same thing. Lots of lag between menus. It's not you. Or, if it is, it's me too.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
drphibes13
Level 7

DBDukes, thanks. I am a little relieved it is not JUST me. While I wish it weren't the case at all for any of us, I can take a little comfort in knowing it is an actual bug within the app, that will hopefully get straightened out with time, and updating. Thanks for your input.
0 Kudos
drphibes13
Level 7

After I made this post the other day I also reached out to Spotify. They said their tech team was aware of the issue, and was working on it. They could not provide a time frame as to when this might be resolved though. Right before I went to bed that same day, it seemed to all of a sudden be magically be fixed, and has been running smoothly since then. That was pretty quick all things considered, and I for one am very thankful!
0 Kudos
jontalk
Level 8

Are there other issues with OS 9 on the Ultra 4661 beyond Spotify?
Roku 3 - Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
LG OLED55B7A, Roku 3, Marantz SR-6005, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds.
0 Kudos
drphibes13
Level 7

Every great now and then I encounter a bug with the audio cutting out when using the audio leveling feature, but turning it off, and back on seems to do the trick. It only tends to happen when switching between channels, if it does happen at all... I don't own an Ultra, but if it happens with one Roku, it will probably happen with all current gen rokus.
0 Kudos