Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
workerdummy
Level 7

Spotify App Size

I tried installing the Spotify app on my Express+ (3910RW), Roku software version 9.0.0 build 4142-51. The app worked fine. Later, I tried to use the YouTube, Prime Video, Hulu and Xfinity Stream apps. I got a 'run out of space' error. I uninstalled the Spotify app, the other apps ran normally. I reinstalled the Spotify app and again got the 'run out of space' error. I tried a few more un/re-intalls and Roku restarts and still the same problem. I started uninstalling other apps. No change, I uninstalled more apps, 140 of them total before I quit for the night (I currently have 298 apps installed).

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution for it besides uninstalling every other app or is Spotify just one big useless storage hog?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Spotify App Size

Apps really only take up cache space.. once the cache is full, less used apps get kicked out until they're used again..

Have you tried rebooting your Roku?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"workerdummy" wrote:
I tried installing the Spotify app on my Express+ (3910RW), Roku software version 9.0.0 build 4142-51. The app worked fine. Later, I tried to use the YouTube, Prime Video, Hulu and Xfinity Stream apps. I got a 'run out of space' error. I uninstalled the Spotify app, the other apps ran normally. I reinstalled the Spotify app and again got the 'run out of space' error. I tried a few more un/re-intalls and Roku restarts and still the same problem I started uninstalling other apps. No change, I uninstalled more apps, 140 of them total before I quit for the night (I currently have 298 apps installed).

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution for it besides uninstalling every other app or is Spotify just one big useless storage hog?

That’s an issue that crops up from time to time. It’s rare, but it happens. It’s been reported several time across the forums over the last 6 months. As others said, it’s not really out of space. It’s a misleading error message.

The best suggestion is to do factory resets until it clears up. It may take one. It may take many. It’s a weird bug that hasn’t been fully nailed down, it will eventually clear up with a factory reset.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
workerdummy
Level 7

"jeffrok" wrote:
Apps really only take up cache space.. once the cache is full, less used apps get kicked out until they're used again..

Have you tried rebooting your Roku?

I've restarted it from the menu, unplugged and waited 10 minutes and did the "press Home 5X etc" reboot, reinstalled and the same not enough space error comes up when trying to use YouTube etc.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
workerdummy
Level 7

"DBDukes" wrote:
"workerdummy" wrote:
The best suggestion is to do factory resets until it clears up. It may take one. It may take many. It’s a weird bug that hasn’t been fully nailed down, it will eventually clear up with a factory reset.

I'll give it a try, Thanks.

Edit 7:16pm: That did the trick. Too bad everything didn't load back up in order! Thanks!
0 Kudos