Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Spectrum tv app not loading stuck in "verifying your account"-Solved

Jump to solution

Thank you...SOLVED

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: spectrum tv app not loading

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same thing that apparently many others are. The Roku device is stuck on "Verifying Account" with Spectrum app. Spectrum says everything is working properly and that it is a Roku issue. Based on the conversations I have read this seems to be the case everywhere which points to the fact it is not a local or cable issue. Please help...

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: spectrum tv app not loading

Jump to solution

Try using the left pointing arrow on the remote while it says "verifying Account".

That's what the rep told me to do....and it works....

You will always have to use that arrow to access Spectrum

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Spectrum tv app not loading

Jump to solution

I was able to stream through the Spectrum App just fine. Then I moved. I have the same spectrum account, same ID and password. All devices automatically connected to my internet. My tablet will run my Spectrum tv, but my Roku says I don't have a subscription. Tried removing spectrum app, resetting roku, unplugging. Still won't work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Spectrum tv app not loading

Jump to solution

Call both companies. I never got a rude customer service rep and they were very willing to help me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi, I read the other posts, how exactly did you solve this? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was having the problem too. Came out of nowhere on all my sticks. I tried the "Try using the left pointing arrow on the remote while it says "verifying Account"" and it worked for me!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried that, but nothing happens. Mine says "verifying your account" in small print at the bottom of the screen and  the text changes color about 4 times then just stops with that on the screen. I have 5 Rokus and they all do the same thing. Do you jump right on the left arrow, and by left arrow do you mean the one that is part of the 4-way arrows or the one at the top?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok, I’m gonna be honest - I have Spectrum internet. My dad has internet and cable at his house. I’m logging into his cable account. Not sure if that’s the case with you but if it is, here’s how I did it. So when I’m at home, my Roku naturally wants to link to MY internet service. (Hence the “verifying your account” status.) Because I don’t have spectrum cable linked to my internet account (again, logging into my dads cable account), nothing will be verified and you’ll stay on the page that’s trying to do so. Here’s what I did: I had to get Roku to use any other WiFi than my home WiFi (spectrum). So I turned on the mobile hotspot on my cell phone and then went into Roku, and linked the network connection to my actual cell phone. Make sense? Now, go back into the spectrum app on Roku. Because it’s not recognizing your mobile hotspot as a spectrum internet account, there’s nothing to verify so it should take you directly to the login screen. Enter the login info for the account you’re wanting to access and once you’ve confirmed you’re in, go back to the Roku settings, set your network connection back to your normal home WiFi, turn your mobile hotspot back off and you’re good to go. If you don’t have mobile hotspot capabilities on your phone, get a friend or family member to help you out on their phone. Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for the detailed reply. I do have Spectrum TV & Internet and everything was working for many months. However, I may use some aspects of your procedure to get it to let me sign in again. Will keep tinkering. Again, Thanks!

0 Kudos