Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: spectrum tv app not loading

Jump to solution

Open spectrum app seems to try and load past spectrum initial boot up screen then screen is black for a minute or two then the roku will automatically restart has been happening for 4 days now. App will occasionally load after multiple (8+) attempts and play for an hour or so then there will be lag and delay in sound followed by blurry image and will repeat with roku restarting on it's own. Possible update issue? Also I'm through a community spectrum account (apartment) but all other apps including netflix,prime,youtube work just fine? Originally thought wifi issue but it's not seeming that way. Have been using since july 19 with no issues until recent software update with roku

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Spectrum tv app not loading

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem right now on one of my TVs. I have three Roku TVs two of the apps are working the other one is not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

After waiting 22 days I got an error message saying to contact Spectrum.  But it brought the sign in screen.  Unfortunately I entered my password incorrectly and when I went back one screen it booted me right out again.  Now I have to start all over. I'm getting very annoyed!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Finally called Spectrum. They reset my modem & router and then after ROKU opened the app I was able to do functions via the LEFT button on the ROKU remote.

I find the Spectrum app to be very lacking in appeal...you need to use the "left" arrow at the top of your Roku remote to access your options and it's very slow to access your channels...ie, slowly scroll to say channel 631.

Wish ROKU had a remote with more buttons as the talk option won't let me tune into Spectrum channels via voive command.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re:Cannot install Spectrum app on new Roku premiere

Jump to solution

Spectrum app works fine on my older Roku's but will not install on my new device Channel install failed - Could not add Spectrum TV. Account suspended  - 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Re:Cannot install Spectrum app on new Roku premiere

Jump to solution

@DavidTr83  Thanks for reaching out. Have you recently updated your Roku account information at my.roku.com to make sure everything is up to date, including your billing information? Give this a try and see if that helps clear up the issue. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Sounds like you used to have Spectrum internet and cable and now you just have internet. Your Spectrum app is recognizing the Spectrum internet service and is looking for the cable account associated with that internet account. You’ll need to turn on your cell phone’s hotspot, change your Roku WiFi settings to link to your cell phone and go back to the Spectrum app. This should take you to a new login page. Enter the username and password of the cable account you wish to access and you’re in. Lastly, return your Roku WiFi settings back to normal and turn off your cell phone’s hotspot. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tried contacting Spectrum. They claim the problem is with Roko not there application. They would not open a problem unless I told them what version of the Spectrum application I am using. I told them I downloaded the latest version but they would not accept that answer. They want the version number. Anyone know how to do that as I can't even get past the login screen on the application.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I waited 22 days for my account to be verified but Spectrum. I finally got an error message saying to call Spectrum...not ROKU. So I called and got a very helpful lady who reset my modem and router. Even though I never entered my correct password I was on after the phone call. I didn’t realize that even though the app opens on a default channel of news I had to use the LEFT button on the remote to access everything. 
so I would keep calling Spectrum until you get someone who cares to help you . Keep hanging up and calling again until you get the right help. The never asked me about versions and they told me exactly what to do to obtain whatever information they needed. 
maybe tell them you got an error code but didn’t write it down but it said to call Spectrum.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Spectrum tv app not loading stuck in "verifying your account"

Jump to solution

I reinstalled the Spectrum tv channel.

1. Remove the Spectrum TV channel.  On your Roku remote navigate to Spectrum, click settings on your Roku remote * you will see the option to remove channel.
  2. Click Home, Streaming Channels, this will bring you to the Roku channel store.  Type Spectrum then r...

I did on all my Roku's, accepted the terms and conditions, channel was back working fine.

0 Kudos