Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghb51
Level 8

Spectrum taking the first step towards a la carte?

I cancelled Spectrum a while ago in favor of Sling and Directv Now and have received the usual offers to lure me back, none of which were interesting until yesterday, when I got an offer for Spectrum TV Choice. It's your locals plus 10 channels of your choice for $21.99 a month and your choice of the usual premiums (HBO etc), no contracts and no cable box, all on the Spectrum app (Roku, mobile etc). So basically it's Sling Orange with less channels, but more control, which is a better deal imo. I went to the Spectrum tv choice site listed on the mailer (removed link, forum seems to think it's spam) and got a page not found with directions to enter an address for deals available in my area, so it doesn't seem to be a regular offer yet, but it has to start somewhere.

edit - looks like Cord Cutters has noticed it as well, the Spectrum site Cord Cutters links works fine, although it's a different url than the one in my mailer
0 Kudos
1 Reply
optikhog
Level 7

Re: Spectrum taking the first step towards a la carte?

If you use Charter for Internet, give them a call and tell them you received the mailer, then tell them that you want the Choice plan with your internet service.  I did this and now get the Roku app content for free.  I've done this twice now with no issues (have to call every year to get back into the "bundle").
0 Kudos