Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smartally88
Channel Surfer

Spectrum issue Ref Code RLP_999

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Streaming Stick model 3500X which until 3 days ago, Feb 9, 2021, was streaming Spectrum channels, Then a reference code RLP_999 appeared on the screen when I try and watch one of the Spectrum channels. The Spectrum app still loads with the channels, but it won't play. I know that Roku removed Spectrum from its line-up, but those who downloaded Spectrum before the split, used to be able to watch Spectrum channels on Roku. Anybody know what ref code RLP_999 means and a solution? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Spectrum issue Ref Code RLP_999

Jump to solution

@smartally88

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that error code, we would recommend taking a look at Spectrum's support page here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/troubleshooting-error-codes-spectrum-tv-app-spectrumtvcom/

If you need addition assistance with your issue, you'll want to contact Spectrum support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@smartally88

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that error code, we would recommend taking a look at Spectrum's support page here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/tv/troubleshooting-error-codes-spectrum-tv-app-spectrumtvcom/

If you need addition assistance with your issue, you'll want to contact Spectrum support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

Jump to solution

RLP 999 spectrum is saying this is Roku's to fix.  I can pull up spectrum on my computer but not thru Roku.  yes I have turned Roku off waited forever,,  still the same messages .  Yes I have deleted the app and brought it back up still the same message   yes I have looked at Spectrums  web site useless

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@billykid202000 

Have you tried restarting your router?  

Some Spectrum error codes troubleshooting recommend to unplug modem and router for a couple of mins in order to allow reset to occur.  (whether or not necessary, who knows).  I would start with a simple restart/reboot of the network equipment and then restart your Roku as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
smartally88
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks, I did that and it worked.

Jump to solution

Typically not a Roku related issue. I've experienced this and restarting the spectrum modem fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
Dja1151

Jump to solution

Thank you. After 3 days of calls to both spectrum and Roku, with neither offering this solution, I tried it and it worked.  I even bought a new Roku thinking that was the problem.  Crazy neither company knew of this easy fix. 

0 Kudos
aec

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same issue with the codes RVP-999 & RLP-999.  This is happening on all my Roku devices and Roku TV's.  I have internet, cable and phone service through Spectrum and all is functioning properly except for viewing programming on the Spectrum app.  The channel guide appears, on demand movies and shows appear, but nothing can be played. All other apps like Netflix, Prime, Disney, UTube, etc. work, Spectrum does not.  I have reset/restarted, unplugged, etc. the Roku, but nothing. Sorry I do not have a solution, just know that you are not the only one experiencing this.

0 Kudos
BigFio

Jump to solution

Restart your modem and router. Solved my problem.

0 Kudos
Billy998

Jump to solution

That worked for me. Philips Roku tv.

0 Kudos