Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
True3fan420
Level 7

Spectrum app

I am having a real hard time with spectrum app. It's giving me an error cod RLI 1063. I done everything reboot delete add again. I called thing theres a problem with my account that's what the code says. My account is up to date and fine. Tech support says it's my ip address isn't being recognized, I'm so the issue me a new ip address. After 24 hours later because this is how long it takes for modem to recognize new address nothing. Funny how this happened at the exact time new bill was generated. For the next month. I am still not behind on the bill they really tech can't fix it any suggestions from anyone would be great o already paid for a service I can't use. Wish the great people at roku could help?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
optikhog
Level 10

Re: Spectrum app

The Spectrum app is becoming more and more unreliable as they add more subscribers.  Being who they are (a cable company), don't expect much in the way of improvement for a while.  As you might imagine, this has nothing at all to do with Roku (try the service on your web browser and you will find it is equally bad).

I am starting the process of finding another provider myself as their support is just terrible and the app is significantly behind others of this type.
0 Kudos
True3fan420
Level 7

I agree!! Roku is the Best thing since Buttered popcorn I swear by them they are reliable most of all entertaining with a fair price if not free. Even the screen saver is great me and my kids have fun picking out the movies it's made of.
My post was to see if the tech guys at roku could tell spectrum how to get it together I wish roku would stop spectrum app until it meets customer satisfaction. My son is getting a TV for his room and it will be Roku ready. I was wowed when I saw it was built in ya!!!!
0 Kudos
Candycane21
Level 7

I was having a issue after replacing my modem with Spectrum / Timewarner. ( I own my own wifi router) Everything was fine until then. ALWAYS a waste of time calling customer service and thie top 3 tier techs, THEY KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except how to waste your time! I was getting an error code of RLC-1000 and ALL of my roku's and any WIFI products such as Iphone, Ipad, Macbook were saying to connect to my home WIFI to get full viewing of channels when I was connected to my home wifi.   HERE IS THE SIMPLE FIX.... you ready?? Go into your wifi router settings and clone your MAC address and your app will instantly work!!  NO help from the overpaid Tier 3 Techs  at Spectrum!  Figured it out for my self. I don't know why it works but I does. Hope this Helps, seems like a ton of people are having this same issue.
0 Kudos
SIM
Level 7

"Candycane21" wrote:
...  HERE IS THE SIMPLE FIX.... you ready?? Go into your wifi router settings and clone your MAC address and your app will instantly work!!  NO help from the overpaid Tier 3 Techs  at Spectrum!  Figured it out for my self. I don't know why it works but I does. Hope this Helps, seems like a ton of people are having this same issue.

Although "clone your MAC address" did not work, when I went back and REMOVED the cloned address and clicked "apply" then the Spectrum app and everything else was working again.

Details: The Spectrum app was working and then quit. I don't know why. Cloning and Removing the clone was the last thing I tried. So maybe it was that PLUS something else I had tried. In my case, the Roku Netflix app worked even after the Spectrum app quit working. I cycled power on my Spectrum modem/router. I removed and re-added the Spectrum channel (app).

The "MAC Clone" button is under Advanced > Network > Internet (tab) > near the bottom. After "Mac Clone" failed, I went back. I simply deleted the hexadecimal numbers and colons in the MAC Address box and clicked "Apply".
0 Kudos