Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parsrgood
Level 9

Spectrum app was removed from all of my Roku players

Roku recently replaced a faulty Ultra player. After installing the new (actually reconditioned) player the Spectrum app was removed from all ten of my players. Is it legal to sell a product stating that a app is available and then just take it away? Anyone else lose their spectrum app?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
Strega
Level 15

Re: Spectrum app was removed from all of my Roku players

The box that mine came in said "Channels can change".  All the TV content aggregator/service/devices I've had have had some clause like that because contracts end, renegotiations fail etc.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Strega wrote:

The box that mine came in said "Channels can change".  All the TV content aggregator/service/devices I've had have had some clause like that because contracts end, renegotiations fail etc.

^^^ And that's what is going on here.  Spectrum and Roku currently are in contract negotiations.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
parsrgood
Level 9

@makaiguy @Strega 

You obviously don’t use the spectrum app. Or.... work for Roku. The rest of us who have spent hard earned $’s for a product that is no longer compatible with our streaming service are pissed. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Sorry, I thought you might like to understand what was going on.

This is a business negotiation.  If you're that upset with Roku, you should be equally upset with Spectrum -- it takes two sides to reach an agreement.  Have you expressed your displeasure with them?

And no, I don't work for Roku.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

I'm just a person who can read a box, and who has been around awhile and has seen content come and go from many TV systems. It's fine to be annoyed.  I was just responding to whether it's legal.  In my (non-legal professional) opinion it probably is.

0 Kudos
parsrgood
Level 9

@makaiguy @Strega 

I fully understand what is going on. And yes I have contacted both Roku and Spectrum. Two multi billion dollar conglomerates swinging their ding dongs around in a pissing contest at the consumers expense. So... since you didn't answer to my question if you've had this problem I'm assuming you don't subscribe to Spectrums streaming service. So carry on with your defense of Roku. Roku needs community forum cheerleaders since they don't provide a product support team. 

0 Kudos
CSK
Level 7

This sucks!   Spectrum and Roku are playing games in negotiation!    Move to Apple TV??

0 Kudos