Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spectrum app update kills the mini menu, can we go back a version?

The Roku Spectrum TV app has a lot of problems but the one thing I loved was while watching a program if you pressed the LEFT purple arrow button you would get a mini guide on the left side displaying about 10 channels on the screen that you could scroll through very quickly by holding the down arrow once and it moved seamlessly through the channels at a pace you could read each program title.

They did an update which now says click the right button for the mini guide and the mini guide on the right only shows 5 channels in the view.  And if you hold the down arrow, it scrolls so fast and doesn't show the program titles OR you click the down arrow, then again, then again, then again, then again which is so ANNOYING when you have hundreds of channels.

Is there any way to go back to the previous version of this Spectrum app???

4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spectrum app update kills the mini menu, can we go back a version?

There isn't a way to go back to a previous version of a channel/app and features in Spectrum's channel/app are under the control of Spectrum, not Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Janadda223

Why would they do this. So dumb click left and says to click right. Why not allow both and not waste programming to tell people to click other button.

LaurieG74

So has anyone found a solution yet? I can’t watch any of the local stations because of this glitch. Very frustrating. Only tv it works on is the one with the cable box. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LaurieG74,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What was the error message when attempting to stream the channel? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos