Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Spectrum app stops when computer is shut down.

I have my computer (home-built) and desk next to the TV in the living room (TCL r625) , both connected to the same router, plugged into different circuits on the apartment breaker

Whenever I shut my computer down, the Spectrum app and ONLY the Spectrum app stops dead and hangs on a black screen, and won't continue streaming until the app is restarted. The Roku TV/Menu will continue running and is able to return to the home screen every time. Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ and the Roku Media player do not exhibit this behavior. This fact should eliminate RF/ESD interference as the issue as it's highly app specific.

I've tried both wireless and wired to the same router, with the same result.

I've eliminated the router as the issue, as the Spectrum app will continue streaming cached data if the router is unplugged, but will stop dead as soon and black-screen as soon the PC is shut down whether the router is powered on or not.

Any help or even a sanity check at this point would be much appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Spectrum app stops when computer is shut down.

I wouldnt eliminate the router at all.

It is the one Spectrum supplied you with, no?

Sounds like more of a quirky inconvenience.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

No. The modem and router are both mine. Spectrum's equipment sucks, and I don't wanna pay another $10/mo for **bleep** equipment. I've already checked the router for any port conflicts too. Not a one to be found.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

So youre signed into something Spectrum on the web..........................?

Why dont you just suspend the computer OS?

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Not signed in anywhere else. Just the Roku TV. No suspend because buggy BIOS. S3 and S4/S5 both crash and require a full restart, which trips the same issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Bizarre.

At least its just an inconvenience......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Yea. I don't mind it at all, but my wife... well she really REALLY minds it and makes sure to let me know. Smiley LOL

As it stands it looks like she's gonna have to live with it.

And another thing I just thought, this only started happening after a firmware update it got pushed in early January. So I suppose that's at least a lead I can follow.