Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bunnykinb4
Binge Watcher

Re: Spectrum app not working RLP - 999

Jump to solution

It didn't help & I can't get **bleep** through link provided. It doesn't connect me to anyone. Unfortunately no straight forward answers on spectrum. Thanks.

Devil98

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue, not only with roku but with other streaming devices as well.  I finally got on a chat with spectrum and they said there is an “outage”. Seems weird to me that the actual TV and internet service works, but streaming is in an outage….

I told the agent in the chat that seems like an odd explanation and she said she is “baffled” as well.  Good old Spectrum not communicating with their own customer service reps.

0 Kudos
bunnykinb4
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Devil98  I've been using Roku stick for weeks. I watched Hulu & Roku live TV all day long. (Eye recovery) I checked my wifi connection and it's excellent and using the same connection as laptop & cell phones. I tried using chat to ask a question for Roku stick but it's robot 🤖 and no live person like I have used in the past. Frustrated! Thanks.

0 Kudos
bunnykinb4
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

20211005_201227.jpg

@Devil98 I can get to this screen, but when I choose channel, I get error RLP-999 no matter what. 

0 Kudos
Windump2

Jump to solution

Exactly the same on my tv and Roku!  No one seems to have an answer.

0 Kudos
Hills3rd

Jump to solution

This method worked for me.  Uninstall Spectrum, unplug and then plug back in Roku, then reinstall Spectrum.

0 Kudos
h2dfactor

Jump to solution

You'll need to log out of the Spectrum app and then log back in. You may also want/need to start a chat (online or by phone) with Spectrum customer service and ask them to "send a signal" to your TV. I did both at the same time, so I'm not sure which did the trick (maybe both!), but it worked.

This is how to log out of the app on your Roku player:

- Once you get the error code, select OK.

- The Spectrum app will open (and you'll see the guide along the right side), but no video content will be streaming through.

- Click (once) the left arrow in the top left corner of your Roku remote "<--" to see the "Live TV - Guide - My Library - On Demand" Spectrum screen.

- Click on the settings gear icon on the bottom left corner to see several options, including how to log out. Then log back in. (No need to exit the app or restart the Roku player again.)

0 Kudos
Johnco55

Jump to solution

I experienced it recently on one of our many Roku devices which was on our back enclosed porch. After various attempts to resolve it, I decided to see if getting a stronger wi-fi signal would do it. Our router is located in the lower-level of our home and I use inexpensive extenders in our upper level to expand the wi-fi. So, I took one of our extenders and relocated it within our enclosed porch which boosted the wi-fi signal roku displayed from fair to excellent and that resolved our issue.

0 Kudos
MariaRVW

Jump to solution

Dis anyone know if Spectrum fixed their Roku channel/app?

0 Kudos
MariaRVW

Jump to solution

Let us know what spectrum tells you.

0 Kudos