Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
g-rego
Channel Surfer

Spectrum app: Boomerang channel is pixelated, others play with no issue

Jump to solution

New Express 3930rw replaced Express+ 3931rw that had the same issue. Other channels on the Spectrum app seem to play normally except Boomerang. I have Roku sticks and a Roku TV that all play the channel without issue, so I am assuming it has to be the Express units. The TV is within 15 feet of the router; I have already done the app uninstall/reinstall, router and modem reset, and Spectrum did a remote reset. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
g-rego
Channel Surfer

Re: Spectrum app: Boomerang channel is pixelated, others play with no issue

Jump to solution

Spectrum was called prior to my original post and did not have any issues reported. I checked the channel with a cable box and Roku sticks on other TVs with no sign of the issue.  The Rokus that I had issues with were the 3930 Express and 3931 Express+; both are no longer in use.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Malfunction
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku OS 11.5 fixed this for me.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You should also check if your Roku stand-alone device(s) are powered through the USB port on your TV(s).  If they’re powered through the wall outlet, then all I can assume is that the units may be defective. 

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
g-rego
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

None of the units are powered from a TV USB port; all have wall outlet power connections.

0 Kudos
g-rego
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The Express+ is a year old.  The Express was purchased today.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@g-rego

Thank for the post.

If you are only experiencing an issue with a single channel within the Spectrum app, you'll want to contact Spectrum support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
g-rego
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Spectrum was called prior to my original post and did not have any issues reported. I checked the channel with a cable box and Roku sticks on other TVs with no sign of the issue.  The Rokus that I had issues with were the 3930 Express and 3931 Express+; both are no longer in use.

0 Kudos
NPW
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue with boomerang using the spectrum app. I have the 4K Ultra (4800).

0 Kudos
g-rego
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It’s nice to know I’m not crazy. I was told I was the only one that had that issue. I ended up replacing the unit with an older stick.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@NPW

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's playback and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NPW
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I also have the same issue with Roku 4K stick (3820) but not with model 3810.

0 Kudos