Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ldydi2021
Level 7

Spectrum TV

my streaming Roku Stick won’t power on and off my TV or work with the volume buttons.

If I update the software in settings, as suggested, or unplug power and replug, will I lose the ability to access my spectrum app in the Roku line up of apps?
I’ve heard Spectrum and Roku have cut their business agreement. I pay for this on my spectrum bill. I stand a chance of losing ALL local channels needed, especially pertaining to weather updates in the state of Florida. Any advice, factual information to assure no loss in service provider?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Spectrum TV

If the only problems is the inability to control the TV's power and volume with a point-anywhere remote, there's no need to reset your Roku.

The power, volume, and mute buttons on current wifi-direct Roku remotes send the appropriate signals to your TV via line of sight infrared (IR) signals. Different TVs have different sets of IR codes they accept, so you have to set up the remote to find and send the correct code set for YOUR TV.

Roku menu path:
"Settings -> Remotes & devices > Remotes"

If your remote has already been setup for the TV but you need to reset it, arrow down to select your Remote (in use).
Now select "Set up remote for TV control" .. And follow the prompts

This will leave your installed channels, etc., untouched.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
0 Kudos