Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Spectrum TV issue

ever since the recent Spectrum TV channel update and Roku update Spectrum TV has not worked on my Roku Express or Roku SE had a Roku Express from 2014 or 15 figured that was the problem so bought a new one the SE 2019 version and still getting the same issue with Spectrum Don't have the Spectrum TV cable box just do the apps to watch TV The one on the Apple TV is fine and the one on the Xbox one is fine The only one that's issues is the Roku called Spectrum and they said well it seems like it's on roku's end since Spectrum is working on the rest of the house anyone else have enough issue please let me know if there's a fix I've factory reset connected to a different network and back to this network and installed reinstalled turned off turned on undead the house internet and redid it nothing seems to work

14 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Spectrum TV issue

@ReallyNotDylan Thanks for the note here. Are other streaming channels (apps) working correctly on your device, such as YouTube, The Roku Channel, Netflix, etc.? Are you seeing any error codes appearing on screen or what exactly is occurring when you try to use the channel? 

If you haven't already, we recommend removing the channel from the Roku home screen (navigate to the channel tile, press the * key and choose 'Remove channel'), then restarting your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your device has restarted fully, add the channel back once more and try signing in again. 

If the issue persists from there, and other channels are working correctly, it's more likely an issue within that channel that you may need additional help from the channel provider in order to resolve. As a reminder, Spectrum requires that a Roku device be connected to a Spectrum internet connection in order to stream their service. You may need to follow up with Spectrum support again to report any error codes you are seeing inside their channel, or request more help getting logged into the channel if you are experiencing that type of issue. You can reach Spectrum support here: https://www.spectrum.net/contact-us/ or by phone at: 1 (833) 267-6094

Please keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Highlighted

Thank you Tanner.

I don't necessarily get an error code when I click on the Spectrum app It does sits things at the bottom of the screen that says checking subscription, and organizing channel lineup then it disappears and it just says spectrum on the bottom left with their blue background and doesn't load anything push any button on the remote and then there's a loading circle in the middle to screen but doesn't do anything.

I am connected to my Spectrum internet. Netflix YouTube the Roku channel Sirius XM all those have no issues no problems.  Just a spectrum TV app Spectrum says I'm not an outage and my other two devices in the house on the same network are having no issues with anything.

Highlighted

P.s I have removed the app restarted the device waited for it to load and reinstalled and still no luck

Highlighted
Level 19

@ReallyNotDylan  Thanks for confirming.

If all other channels (apps) are working correctly, and you only experience an issue in the specific channel, it's likely an issue within the channel itself. Each channel provider develops and maintains their own channel on the Roku platform, and will be able to best assist with these types of issues. It's also possible that there may be a settings/configuration issue on your wireless router that is preventing your device from communicating with their services properly, on the 2.4GHz band that your Roku SE uses to connect to your network, such as a particular port, etc. You'll need more help from Spectrum support to continue looking into the issue and requesting further troubleshooting. 

The only additional troubleshooting step I can suggest would be to try performing a factory reset on your device to see if this helps resolve the issue. You can do this from Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset. 

If you'd like, feel free to generate an issue tracker report ID the next time you observe the issue (press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times on your Roku remote), and send me a private message with this number and your Roku's serial number from Settings>System>About. I can help pass your feedback along to the channel provider. You will want to continue working with them for further investigation and status updates on the issue as well. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having a similar issue. My guide doesn't have all my channels. I called spectrum and they said Roku needs to update its system to fix it. Any help with this?

Highlighted
Level 7

Yep same here. Starting yesterday the Spectrum app is asking me to enter the username and password and then says "The info you entered doesn't match our records." On all 7 of my Tv' s that have Roku expresses. This is crazy. The app works on my iPhone. All the other apps on the Roku are working.

Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same issue. All good on my PC's, just not my Roku's.

Guide on Roku only has maybe 20 to 30 channels where as the PC Guide has all 300+ channels?

Highlighted
Level 7

I'm also experiencing this problem, apparently since they updated their app to version 6.0 on May 20.  Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Spectrum attempting to troubleshoot, since the error was saying that the username/password does not match their records, but I can log in to the web interface with no problems.  This has to be something with this app that needs resolving.

Highlighted

Having similar problems. The Spectrum app is stuck on Checking your subscription and nothing happens. 

0 Kudos