Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAIST5150
Level 7

Re: Spectrum TV channel app won't open on Roku Streaming Stick or Streaming Stick+

Thinking this may be more an issue on Spectrum's side.

Our 3810RW Stick+ models (fw 8.01 b4090-50) were working fine until we started having internet issues. Modem kept losing locks on specific channels from the CMTS, rebonding to noisier channels in the lower ranges until the point it would just stall and need to be rebooted. Seemed to have gotten the signals stabilized after a few truck rolls through the neighborhood (wasn't just me having stability issues with their service). Then the Spectrum TV app started throwing different error codes, the guide stopped loading half the time, we would get pop ups that a local channel was not available, even though we were watching it. Eventually, it stopped loading at all...would just stall/crash on us.

Reset modem to factory defaults, rebooted and let it do it's thing, rebooted router so it could synch up with any changes in the modem's IP config, then did the delete/reboot/add Spectrum back to the Roku. Next time I loaded it, I had to redo the user and pass to re-synch it to my Spectrum account.

It is still throwing the odd error messages, and occasionally we can't get program information on some channels... but it is back working again, although considerably slower than it used to.

I am about to the point of pulling the trigger on DirecTV Now, TBH. It is only about a $3 difference in our market after all the extra fees... AND we get some extra channels that simply are not offered via Spectrum unless you pay extra and go the Choice route (but, then you limit yourself to a shorter list of channels). Threw an $80 Clearstream outdoor antenna with a $10 amp in the attic, and it reliably pulls in all but one of our locals... probly get them all if I aimed it better, but it is too hot to monkey around up there these days (105+ heat indexes).

I was holding off on the switch to DTVN until Football starts up again in the fall (dropped the Sports/News/Weather add-on after Superbowl to save about $13/month), as DTVN would be cheaper then Spectrum plus that add-on... but if this crud doesn't clear up soon, may just bite the bullet and make the switch for $3 more per month.
0 Kudos
nmoser
Level 7

Re: Spectrum TV channel app won't open on Roku Streaming Stick or Streaming Stick+

I am having the same problem. I have 3 locations that I have spectrum TV. Yesterday I cancelled one location to internet only. Now, when I go to the Spectrum app there is not an option to sign in. I think Spectrum puts a block so you have to pay for their TV package. Did anyone find a solution?   
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

"nmoser" wrote:
I am having the same problem. I have 3 locations that I have spectrum TV. Yesterday I cancelled one location to internet only. Now, when I go to the Spectrum app there is not an option to sign in. I think Spectrum puts a block so you have to pay for their TV package. Did anyone find a solution?   

If you don't subscribe to Spectrum TV, you can't watch TV from Spectrum on your apps. That is, the Spectrum app, or the ABC app, NBC app, Fox app, ESPN app, etc, if you don't have a Spectrum TV subscription.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
kimt22
Level 7

when I try to log in to the spectrum app on my roku, I get the blue spectrum screen and then it goes back to the main rook home screen.
I have rebooted the system,, unplugged roku, deleted and reinstalled app multiple times and it is still not working. My internet connection works fine ( was fine last night) and I do subscribe to spectrum cable, it works just fine on my tv with the cable box. any other tips??
0 Kudos
ValatieNY
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Okay.  Let's try this then.  Delete the channel, then unplug the Roku.  Unplug router/modem, and wait 5 minutes.  Power up router/modem, and wait for the internet to come back up (check with laptop/PC/Phone).  After you've confirmed the internet is working, power up the Roku, and then re-add the channel.

If that still doesn't work, send me your serial number and firmware version and build number (Settings > System > About), as well as the last known time you tried to access Spectrum (date/time), so we can check the logs.

I am having the same problem. Tried all of your suggestions. Same result. Help.
0 Kudos
ejf7000
Level 7

Has anyone found a fix for this ?
0 Kudos
mhackhome
Level 7

Just started with Spectrum and bought Roku to use with it, but after going through all the setup, the Spectrum app doesn't do anything.  I get the same blue logo screen mentioned earlier.  Have tried rebooting and also removing and readding the channel, with zero luck, seemingly the same as others mentioned.  Was this resolved or am I just out of luck?
0 Kudos
ghb51
Level 9

The Spectrum app is...... finicky, it can take a long (very long sometimes) time to get past the Spectrum splash screen and even then you might get a 'service unavailable' error at peak times. When I encounter those problems, the only thing to do is keep closing the app and reopening until it works, sometimes a reboot helps, other times not. 
0 Kudos
ValatieNY
Level 7

Eventually, after submitting 3 technical tickets to Spectrum IT, the Spectrum App is finally working for me and some of my neighbors who were having the same problem. Spectrum says there was some sort of mismatch in the app which was not accepting input from the user account. Took about a month to get it fixed.
0 Kudos
bilbobagg1ns
Level 7

Resolution:

I originally ordered the Spectrum Cable Select Package. I tried reseting, downloading, unplugging my Roku/Spectrum app several times to no avail. I called tech support and learned that iIn order to stream on Roku you need a 'Streaming Package' that is NOT part of the cable package. Since I only plan to steam, I canceled my cable package and added the streaming service. In my location the streaming service included whatever 10 channels I want + locals for half the price of my basic cable. 

After half an hour on the phone I was switched to the streaming package and watching Spectrum on my Roku. They even refunded the cost of the cable package.

Cheers!
0 Kudos