Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drewb9r
Level 7

Spectrum TV channel app won't open on Roku Streaming Stick or Streaming Stick+

The Spectrum TV app works fine on my TCL Roku TVs, and my phone, but it won't open on my new Roku Streaming Stick 3800 or my new Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810. After clicking on the Spectrum TV channel (app), it loads to the standard Spectrum logo blue screen for about 10 seconds, but then it just closes itself and takes me back to the purple Roku home screen every time. It never gets to the login screen or anything else...and there are no error messages. I've tried restarting Roku, unplugging Roku for minutes, factory reset Roku, and uninstall/reinstall Spectrum TV channel app multiple times. Every other channel app is working fine.

Roku software version 8.0.1 , build 4090. Spectrum TV version 4.8 ,build 2. I've already chatted with Roku support and Spectrum support but they couldn't fix it.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.
0 Kudos
21 Replies
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Re: Spectrum TV channel app won't open on Roku Streaming Stick or Streaming Stick+

Delete, reboot (don't skip this step), re-add, and then report back the results.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
drewb9r
Level 7

Re: Spectrum TV channel app won't open on Roku Streaming Stick or Streaming Stick+

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
Delete, reboot (don't skip this step), re-add, and then report back the results.

Yes, I've tried that 4 times already. I've done the Roku restart and then also power cycled it after deleting the app. Still same issue on both Roku sticks.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

Okay.  Let's try this then.  Delete the channel, then unplug the Roku.  Unplug router/modem, and wait 5 minutes.  Power up router/modem, and wait for the internet to come back up (check with laptop/PC/Phone).  After you've confirmed the internet is working, power up the Roku, and then re-add the channel.

If that still doesn't work, send me your serial number and firmware version and build number (Settings > System > About), as well as the last known time you tried to access Spectrum (date/time), so we can check the logs.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
drewb9r
Level 7

Powered up my TCL Roku TV to find that somehow it had logged me out of my Roku account. So I logged in and now the Spectrum TV app is doing the same thing as both my Roku sticks. Unbelievable!

I followed your instructions up above but the Spectrum TV app still keeps closing itself after about 10 seconds after the Spectrum logo screen appears.

Here's the info from my Roku Streaming Stick+...serial# YH0022312011 , software version 8.0.1 , build 4090-50  (Spectrum TV app version 4.8 , build 2) . If you can fix this device, I will provide this info for the other two devices if necessary. Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
drewb9r
Level 7

More info...

Just now unplugged my router for over 5 minutes, but that didn't fix the issue. I also opened a new Roku account and linked my Streaming Stick to it, but the Spectrum TV app still closes itself after about 5 seconds. Here's the info for that device...serial# YF00HR359936, software version 8.0.1, build 4090-55...and Spectrum TV app version 4.8 build 2...attempted to use the app multiple times around 5 PM Central time.
0 Kudos
drewb9r
Level 7

And here's a pic of the Spectrum TV logo screen that is displayed for about 5 seconds, and then closes and device takes me back to the Roku home screen...

0 Kudos
brennus390
Level 7

I have the same issue. What was the fix?
0 Kudos
cmurphy
Level 7

I have 2 Roku Streaming Sticks and the Spectrum app works on only one of them. On my Roku Streaming Stick+ the Spectrum app has the same issues as the others here are having. It goes to the blue spectrum page and then just goes back to the Roku home page. Is there a fix for this?
0 Kudos
rochester5
Level 7

My Spectrum app worked until I gave them back their router and installed a NetGear.  Now the Spectrum app will not work, yet all the others do. I get the the blue Spectrum screen, then it says I don't have internet connection and sends me to login to my account, which of course I am already and that doesn't work.  Did all the previously stated fixes of rebooting, uninstalling as so forth. Would appreciate if anyone comes across a fix. Is it a Spectrum problem, a NetGear?
0 Kudos